Is Being a “Manly Man” a Bad Thing?

by minimus 194 Replies latest jw friends

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Roughhousing? I went back and looked at the commercial, and though they were the same size, one boy was in distress. When I roughhoused with my brothers, there was generally a sense of play, and usually we were laughing.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Hi once again, LUHE,

There is certainly no real issue with two boys just "rough housing" about, as you say.

Some of these Australian feminists are something else! Where I work, we share a staff room with a more extreme example of this type, who can hardly open her mouth without uttering some male-bashing remark.

With upwards of a dozen men sitting at the table with her, it has led to a number of very interesting lunchtime discussions. I know that the term "bigot" gets some adverse publicity on this site, but it accurately describes her attitudes. If she or somebody like her wrote the script for that advertisement, then I think I know where you are coming from!

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Posted: Quote: "I don't feel guilty for being a male, and I don't feel like less of a male for going to the ballet, opera, or loving to cook."

Nor should you! We can just accept the wide variation in behaviours as normal. I find the extreme reactions to some of these issues interesting. Why are some men and some women extreme in their reactions to these issues.

• cofty
    cofty
    I find the extreme reactions to some of these issues interesting. Why are some men and some women extreme in their reactions to these issues. - FTS

I haven't seen any extreme reactions in this thread. I have seen a lot of misrepresentation of what a lot of men ACTUALLY said.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

A friend just sent me this yaoi drawing. I'm sure you'll work out the point it attempts to make.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit