I understand your separating yourselves from the Org...BUT~

by Revealed 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

But the earth was formless and waste not the sea.

The watery deep had darkness on it. And the watery deep was not the seas. They came about after the waters under the heavens were brought together in one place.

• waton
    waton
    Abiogenesis is life from lifelessness, which was recreated in a lab (see Miller-Urey Experiment).

tbk. Abiogenesis has never been replicated. that early experiment and those of Louis Pasteur, produced, retained some organic molecules, but created no organism that reproduce, despite having all the ingredients.

we are the only ones that are at the pinnacle of the development from that quasi divine initially spark. It could have been inevitable from the big bang condition and laws that evolved. All done with eternal energy.

Just because we are coming near to understand how it works does not mean it was not good work in the first place.

evolution / devolution is the easy part, still happening.

Death is the better part of evolution, imagine if all life would be eternal, wading through all the critters that ever lived. Death might be an enemy for the young. but a friend to the really old 120+ (the present human record)

A better theory, fantasy would be that the " New Earth" : refers to the trillions of habitable exoplanets, that could be populated by recreated beings that have learned the hard lessons taught here

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If i`m not mistaken and I don`t think I am , every living thing on this earth ,whether its on land , sea, or in the air ,lives by preying on and eating , any and other living thing it can get its teeth into .

And of course that also includes the insect world ,and the world that our human eyes cant see without microscopes.

THAT is the world you and I live in.

That doesn`t sound like a loving God that I want to worship .

A GOD of love ? Rubbish.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Anna Marina,

It is all chaos when God creates. The sea remains chaos. It is where the chaos serpent Leviathan lives Job 41, Isaiah 27:1.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Reevy - TBK- have you ever read it all the way thru?

If you mean the Bible; yes, several times. It's rubbish.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

JoenB75 - 'yam' is sea. 'Mayim' is waters.

Leviathan is described as being in the 'yam' not the 'mayim'.

Also you say

"It is all chaos when God creates."

The Bible explains that the earth was formless (tou) and waste (bou - pronounced bo-hoo) UNTIL God created.

Smiddy - I care about animals a lot. God cares for them a lot more than you or I do. But God is not Beatrix Potter, he created rabbits, not Peter Rabbit.

Yes Jesus ate lamb and fish. Do you have a problem with that?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

You are right Smiddy, everything on earth wants a piece of something else. Even whales are merciless carnivores- I think a lot of woke, peace loving, vegan hippies often forget that.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    JJ - I think a lot of woke, peace loving, vegan hippies often forget that.

That's why I'm not worried about eating burgers and steak. If I was in the wild and an animal was hungry, they wouldn't think, 'hey, there's a nice vegan who wouldn't hurt me, we can't eat them!'

No. Not a bit, they'd have your goolies off in a second.

To think, I sincerely believed in the Bible once...and I was very sincere, not pretending. Now I see it as all a big delusion and a con.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

So if there is no God you live you die.

But if He does exist, Jesus' words hold great value.

(Matthew 10:28) . . .And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna. . .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Anna - So if there is no God you live you die.

I think we do anyway, no matter what we believe.

But if He does exist, Jesus' words hold great value.

Yes. I see your point. From a Christian standpoint it is a fine promise. But what if the real god is Zeus or the Allah of Islam, or another deity?

How do we know? Just because we chose the Bible or the Quran is not a sound basis in my view. Is that a fair doubt?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit