I understand your separating yourselves from the Org...BUT~

by Revealed 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Revealed
    Revealed

...why have you left the God and his son?

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

Who?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

why have you left the God and his son?

Which son? You mean Satan, whom he has allowed to continue living and enjoying life, while humans on the other hand continue starve to death, die of cancer, young children getting raped, others burned on the stake alive, dismembered, beheaded and on and on.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

By "the God", I assume you mean Odin and "his son" Thor?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

You equate the org with being part of their trinity. Jehovah the organization and then Jesus. I left this unholy alliance and still believe in Jesus as my savior. But that's me.

• Revealed
    Revealed

nowwhat? You've left his God?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I just watched a video that asks the question "Why are so many people leaving the Church?"

It is because organized Christian based religion tells you what to believe, that you must believe it, and you must not question it. It goes on to list all the reasons why churches claim people are leaving and debunks them all. The only reason that holds water is that people are examining their faith and find it empty.

I left Jehovah's Witnesses after being born in and staying in until my 30s. Then I was a nihilistic antitheist. I began to return to a generic Christianity after 10 years of antitheism. Soon, after more research, I came to realize that the Bible (with the exception of some of the Gospels) was a horrible book and Judeo-Christian faith makes no sense.

• Revealed
    Revealed

TBK- have you ever read it all the way thru?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Revealed -

I have read the entire Bible through several times in several translations. I have studied the historical Israel versus the mythological Biblical Israel. I have given a great deal of attention to the teachings of Jesus versus the Apostle Paul.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Revealed. As Christians God is worshipped through his son Jesus. Otherwise we would be calling ourselves Jehovians!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit