Simple Question Re 1914

by Slidin Fast 540 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jammer
    Jammer

You people are a bunch of fucking fools.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Jammer:

You people are a bunch of fucking fools.

See also Matthew 5:22.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

The fact that the book of Daniel has 'God's Kingdom as its main theme

This is a good example of Watch Tower Society lies regurgitated by ‘scholar’. Is ‘God’s kingdom’ really the ‘main theme’ of Daniel?

Chapters 4, 5 (quoting chapter 4) and 6 of Daniel allude to God already having a kingdom (all purportedly during the ‘seven times’), without any mention of it permanently replacing other kingdoms. Chapters 8, 9 and 11 of Daniel make no mention of God’s kingdom, and chapters 1, 3, 10 and 12 do not contain the word “kingdom” at all.

There are actually only two verses (2:44 and 7:14) in Daniel that refer to God setting up a future kingdom. Hardly the book’s ‘main theme’.

See also Daniel’s dreams and visions

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

This is a good example of Watch Tower Society lies regurgitated by ‘scholar’. Is ‘God’s kingdom’ really the ‘main theme’ of Daniel?

---

I have some really bad news for you. Yes, God's Kingdom is the major if not the theme of Daniel in fact it is the theme of the entire OT. To wit, I simply refer you to at least one major reference work as proof: An Old Testament Theology an exegetical, canonical and thematic approach, Bruce K Waltke, 2007, Zondervan, Grand Rapids, Michigan

The said scholar educating Jeffro in the world of academia!!!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Haha. You’re a joke, ‘scholar’. Unable to make any actual direct refutation from the Bible itself, you insist, ‘no you just haven’t read this entire other subjective book that I won’t bother providing any detail from.’ Suffice to say you disagree with many of Waltke’s theological opinions so you’re cherry picking anyway.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Haha. You’re a joke, ‘scholar’. Unable to make any actual direct refutation from the Bible itself, you insist, ‘no you just haven’t read this entire other subjective book that I won’t bother providing any detail from.’ Suffice to say you disagree with many of Waltke’s theological opinions so you’re cherry picking anyway.

--

The joke is on you for if you bother to read the endpiece of Waltke's volume it reads as quoted " Through careful, he shows that the unifying theme of the Old Testament is the "inbreaking of the kingdom of God". This theme helps the reader better understand not only the Old Testament, but also the New Testament, the continuity between the Testaments, and ultimately, God himself and one's own self".

Regarding Daniel, I invite you if you so dare to read pp. 158-59.

Enjoy for the said scholar likes to help the little ones.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Haha. Not at all impressed by your confirmation bias from an evangelical. The fact remains that the actual content of Daniel doesn’t support your position.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro.

Haha. Not at all impressed by your confirmation bias from an evangelical. The fact remains that the actual content of Daniel doesn’t support your position.

-----

HaHa!. Once again you lose so go away and play with your pretty pictures.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The fact that you think I lose in this instance is funny enough but the fact that you think it’s ‘once again’ is priceless.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

The fact that you think I lose in this instance is funny enough but the fact that you think it’s ‘once again’ is priceless.

--

I think anything you say is priceless along with your notorious pretty charts

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit