Teachings/beliefs that fade into oblivion without explanation.

by smiddy3 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I was shocked with the implications of the types/ anti types abandonment because so many of the jw beliefs were built on that and with one annual meeting talk- poof gone- I was like does anyone in the cult slumber understand what that means?? Hello?? Anyone? Lol

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    the year 1925 was supposed to see the resurrection of faithful men of old such as Abraham Issac and Jacob and Noah who were to be Princes on Earth. Of course no such thing happened and we dont hear anything about that prediction anymore.

Oh yes we do!! The rank egoist below, one Kenneth Flodin, governing body helper, is on record reminding everyone that nevermind Moses and Jacob, elders like HIMSELF will be strutting their stuff on the Earth and "ruling as kings and priests" ....he also wanted to remind the low life sisters that "there will be no princesses in the new system". Yes, we were lied to. Headship was apparently not the temporary result of sin and we're still gonna be cleaning toilets.

https://youtu.be/So56prYolqQ

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Just to add that clip isnt the one with k. Flodin talking about being a prince and king, it was the only picture I found of him. I believe it was said during this jwbroadcast, though. 1 or 2 years ago.

• humbled
    humbled

Diogenesister- - when do these things air? That is one of the most revolting pieces of— I don’t even know what to call it.

And women still are subordinate in the New System ?

It is unbelievable how stupid this is. The waiters recruited from another department— were they proud to be props for this idiocy?!

lt wasn’t this bad 10 years ago —was it?

• Spiral
    Spiral

Oh yes, women are still subordinate in the new system. I'm guessing they'll be scrubbing those toilets in dresses!

allornothing:

I was shocked with the implications of the types/ anti types abandonment because so many of the jw beliefs were built on that and with one annual meeting talk- poof gone- I was like does anyone in the cult slumber understand what that means?? Hello?? Anyone? Lol

I wondered this too! The type/antitype doctrines were integral to the JW belief (it was proof of their "special" status before God, after all), and if you could "understand" it all you were considered super spiritual. And then, suddenly, it's gone, and no one even questions it! What?

• TD
    TD

How far back do you want to go?

-That Goliath had six fingers and toes on his hands and feet which stood for the world powers. (You can't make this stuff up...)

-That the creation of Eve literally split Adam apart into a male and female half.

-That Ancient Hebrew was the original/true language (Sort of like the divine language spoken by Leeloo in The Fifth Element..) and that humans would speak it again in the New System.

Some things I think they might still technically believe, but just don't talk about much

-That the entire antediluvian ecology was vegetarian

-That originally, a water canopy rendered the entire planet temperate and this was the source of the flood waters

-That human lifespans fell drastically after the flood because of some sort of shielding effect provided by this water canopy.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

haven't heard about any new teaching or position, but I recall a lot of pride and scholarly jocularity about the publication booklet 'Should You Believe in the Trinity'

Not a word from the WTS about the discontinued booklet...

I wonder why,,,,,

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Spiral- my guess is they didn't understand it to begin with and then when it was gone - the typical reaction was- oh ok...lol

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

-That originally, a water canopy rendered the entire planet temperate and this was the source of the flood waters
    -That human lifespans fell drastically after the flood because of some sort of shielding effect provided by this water canopy.

I know that they don't say any of that any more, but I would assume that is still current doctrine.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Didn't they say something like "if you are a young person, you will never grow old in this system"? circa 1969? I guess the word "old" is now a 'bungee word' also since it can be stretched for generations!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit