Why the NFL Protest Is a Massive and Insulting Failure

by freemindfade 117 Replies latest social current

• flipper
    flipper

What Orphan Crow said- I totally agree with. People get so hopped up about the taking a knee thing- but people don't seem too concerned about a world leader like the president of the United States calling it's own citizen's " sons of bitches " in a television public speech. Can anybody tell me here where you've seen other presidents of the United States DO that in modern history since the media has existed ? I mean come on. And don't tell me it has nothing to do with the reason the " taking of the knees " happened. It does.

What gets lost in translation here is the " Trump apologists " make excuses for Trump's sociopathic behavior which SPARKED and STARTED this freaking hassle in the first place instead of looking at Trump as the CATALYST, the spark igniter that lights the wildfire. There's a thing called " cause and effect ". There is no action - without an opposite reaction.

So I imagine that if I called Trump a malignant, narcissistic bitch who has the social skills of a pissed off orangutan - that would be cool and nobody would be upset- right ? It's the same thing with Trump calling the North Korean leader " Rocket boy " or " Rocket man " or whatever. This president is constantly trying to ignite people one against the other. He thrives on division and controversy , thrives on driving a wedge between ideologies and thought processes. All the while shrugging his shoulders at a microphone passing the buck saying " who me " ? Then blames other people for the conflagration he began. He's like a guy in a bar who goes up to another guy gently slapping another guy's face to provoke a fight - then says " what are you gonna do about it ? " .

I've had about enough of him to be honest. If somebody in congress doesn't start duct taping this man's mouth shut- he's gonna get us into a 3rd World War or create civil dissension the likes of which we haven't seen in some time. Oh wait- he's already done the latter. Had to voice my opinion and free rights to speech here as a concerned American citizen who often wonders who this imposter is in the White House. Feel free to shoot me with your words. I really don't care at this point- I have pretty thick skin and a justice streak deeper than the freaking ocean. I can only hope that Robert Mueller finds the dirt on this president so we can get him out of the White house

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I haven't heard anyone defend Trump's words. Not in that video, or on here, I think it's a foregone conclusion that was in epically poor taste.

And Trump isn't the first person to incite North Korea, that has been coming for a LOOONNNG time. Here are two other times they said America essentially declared war

1. John Mccain called Kim a "Crazy fat kid"
    2. When the movie The Interview was released

So North Korea didn't start making nukes and threatening America after this years election, their escalation has been a long time coming, and they are literally provoked by anything, of course, loud mouth Trump would add to that, but it's intellectually dishonest to say he made this mess. In all honesty, for good or bad, if Hillary was president I bet we would already be at war with them, again not sure if that would be better or worse, but Trump is historically anti-war. Just saying. At some point, someone has to do something about a rogue nation that is essentially a cult with nukes.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@flipper: causes precede effects. The order was NOT : 1) Trump calls player sons of bitches, 2) played take knee.

Trump didn't start this. Kaepernick did. A year ago. Based on lies.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@flipper:

So I imagine that if I called Trump a malignant, narcissistic bitch who has the social skills of a pissed off orangutan - that would be cool and nobody would be upset- right ?

Doesn't this happen daily? Trump supporters laugh it off. They certainly aren't calling for censorship. Call Trump whatever you want. In other words: continue exercising your current free speech patterns.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Moral of this whole story

• POTUS stay out of sports
    • Sports stay out of politics
  • Simon
    Simon
    He has access to the pulpit with the biggest audience. And unfortunately his style, even substance, is very divisive.

You are basing that off the reaction rather than the words. When Obama was just as divisive, did you blame him or the people who were offended? Was the manner of how people reacted the deciding factor? If so, this is why the politics of offence gains ever more ground - all that matters is who squeals and screams the most, maximum over-reaction wins.

That's wrong.

• Simon
    Simon
    This president is constantly trying to ignite people one against the other. He thrives on division and controversy , thrives on driving a wedge between ideologies and thought processes.

Good thing people don't always over-react and get played like puppets. Oh wait ...

Had to voice my opinion and free rights to speech here as a concerned American citizen who often wonders who this imposter is in the White House. Feel free to shoot me with your words. I really don't care at this point- I have pretty thick skin and a justice streak deeper than the freaking ocean.

First of all, your free rights to speech are not absolute and have no bearing on a private forum. It relates to political expression and means the government can't imprison you, silence you or try to put you out of business for your political views (which the Obama used the IRS to try to do - who's the monster again?).

Welcome to the democratic process. You don't always get what you want - unless there is evidence that the election was actually tampered with then you just have to be unhappy, just like when others may have been unhappy with a choice that you wanted who did get elected. Unless there is evidence of voter fraud to negate the election or he commits an impeachable offence, nothing is going to change.

It looks like there is more evidence of voter fraud being committed to the benefit of Democrats which I suspect is why they don't want it to be thoroughly investigated and are happy to switch to more touchy-feely emotive but meaningless issues. Surely if Trump is wrong then it would be egg all over his face to show him up? But we've seen time and time again the news, presenting as "absolute truth", that reports things Trump has said were wrong ... turn out to be right (remember Trump Tower being wire tapped?). You forget about it because they don't remind you because they fail to do their work as reporters because they are entertainers.

You should direct your anger at the democrats, the media and the establishment which was the cause of Trump being elected. They served up the unelectable, unlikable, soulless Clinton and the people made their choice because of it.

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: I don't often comment on "votes" but when I see comments being downvoted that should get pretty unanimous support as they are fundamentally uncontroversial and common sense, like "Moral of this whole story. POTUS stay out of sports. Sports stay out of politics", it looks clear to me that some people are sometimes using the voting system to play the person rather than genuinely rate the sentiment of the post, especially if it's combined with block-voting of lots of the same authors posts in the same way in a very short time.

Tip: don't assume that your voting will continue to be counted if you do this.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Well said flipper.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    This president is constantly trying to ignite people one against the other. He thrives on division and controversy , thrives on driving a wedge between ideologies and thought processes.

The sad reality is that even as he does this, there are plenty of idiots in this great country willing to fall for his rhetoric.

America is a land of many faces, not all are well-thought, and not all are motivated to vote.

There is no other country in the developed world where this man could be elected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit