Why the NFL Protest Is a Massive and Insulting Failure

by freemindfade 117 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    But they can fight back. And do. And when you fight back against the police to the extent that you threaten their security, you have a good chance of getting shot.

You still seem to be clinging to the unproven narrative that the police are cruising round looking for black people to shoot. Do people actually believe it for real? Like, I know it's BLM propaganda but seriously, people actually believe that all the shit that happens to cops after they defend themselves agains attacks is something they actually seek out? It's idiotic - their life and career is ruined because some thug doesn't know how civilized people behave. But sure, blame the victims.

And regardless, that is not fighting back. That is just fighting. If you've genuinely been unfairly treated, then make a complaint, get a big payout - many cities can't wait to give money away. Throwing punches or worse, pulling weapons, will get you shot - that's simply not acceptable in a law-abiding society.

Or, as is more likely the case - STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE !

Reminder: systemic racism and all the other invented "racism you can't see, touch or call out" was created by the Obama administration to create racial division and blame the cops for the riots even though they did their job.

How can you fix something you can't even point to?

Hence the hype, the distractions, the media circus - anything but a discussion of the facts.

How sports stars could actually help black youth:

Tell them that sport is not a career to pursue - it's like having "win lottery" as a financial plan.

Tell them to finish high school.

Tell them to get a job and build a life.

Tell them not to have kids without being married.

Have "the talk" with them, I don't know why but apparently some sections of society need to be told *not* to attack people. I've never had to tell me kids that because we taught them to be respectful to everyone by default.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

I just unfriended somebody on Facebook who was sympathetic to this NFL garbage and I sent them a PM explaining why.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I feel that protest of government policies a good thing when it can be done in a peaceful way and the government don't step in with brutal measures for the protesters.

Freedom of expression without government sensorship being imposed is a good thing.

As to whether this brings results is anybody's guess I think in some rather small way this does produce more sensitivity in those that make and enforce the laws, which is a very good thing.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Brokeback:

Questions:

In this case, what government policies are being protested?

In this case, what sort of government censorship has there been?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I don't know just ill treatment of black in general by police and courts? Whatever it is I'm all for this benevolent expression of protest and applaud the man right or wrong. It is a non violent act period and if it offend some patriotic American so much the better for getting your point across. And I happened to think discussion about this topic was worth my attention.

As far as government censorship Trump seems to think that is the way to go now that he became president. Which seems to represent his cluelessness as to some basic freedoms of the constitution which he has sworn to protect under oath.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

But Brokeback - the point is: that's not happening. It is propoganda. Whites are more likely to be shot and killed (because cops are extra careful around blacks). It's just like the pussy hat protests that were for women's rights when everyone knows full well that women have all the rights of men.

In any case, any fatal shooting by a police officer is not "policy".

And even though it is a nonsensical protest, you don't see laws being passed or Orange Hitler cracking skulls. Trump isn't censoring anyone.

This is all leftist nonesense.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Brokeback Watchtower

I repeat

Did you see the video of the looters in Florida?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Well I see it as a man right to' give honor where honor is due' in his own intellect and world view and refuses to bow or honor a particular government which he is under, and not 'leftist nonsense',, just human reasoning on a particular subject from his prospective, and not some leftist inspired propaganda.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Brokeback: blacks are not being hunted. It's not an interpretation. It's not happening. The stats don't bear it out. Not even close.

I got that these players have their own world view. OK. No problem. However, their world view (in this case) is like having the "view" that 2+2 = 5.

It is corrupt human reasoning. It is not honorable. It is incorrect.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Incorrect according to who's perspective?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit