Why the NFL Protest Is a Massive and Insulting Failure

by freemindfade 117 Replies latest social current

• jp1692
    jp1692

Just yesterday, former CIA Director John Brennan made a very pointed statement on this issue:

I for one appreciate his balanced comments and his emphasis on what Trump SHOULD be focusing on right now, which more important and more urgent matters.

Here is a link to a HuffPost article on the statement:

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Rat,

don't understand why people are so enamored with them both. People standing and putting their hands on their hearts is like the Nazis. I support the players for not standing for it.

Well you see it is like this if you get youths from 4 years old and up and make them pledge allegiance to a flag with their hand over their heart and sing the national anthem and My Country Tis Of Thee every school day it is gonna stick with them even in their adult years. It's called public education/indoctrination so that this response is automatic. Herd mentality is what the governments are seeking for people living under their control it make them easier to manage and control.

Which is reasonable for countries to do to get everyone in the country on the same page and insures plenty of men and women willing to risks their lives in war and advance national indoctrinated goals.

Trump on the other hand now that he's commander and chief of the us armed forces finds it very disturbing that someone would be so sacrilegious as to not follow the proscribe procedure for proper honoring of a nationally selected song during a football game(now that he's the boss).

• Simon
    Simon

Instead of the flag / anthem indoctrination without any context, what's lacking is some proper civics lessons and an understanding of history - what was sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy and what it means to show respect and be a good citizen.

I think this applies to society in general - too many people seem to have no clue at all about history other than the carefully selected and narrow propaganda that their side promotes.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Interesting tidbit about kneeling for the anthem:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/public-school-teacher-kneels-during-pledge-of-allegiance/ar-AAsIS3o

have taken place in the fashion it did.

• Simon
    Simon

Sounds like another "Cat in the Hat" type teacher - trying to indoctrinate children with their own political ideology rather than do their job and just teach.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Well you got that right the job of the teacher is to teach government supplied information/indoctrination and not to deviate very far from the program of study. But being human and with an opinion different then those that hire and made the guidelines for what to teach they spoke. Bully for them. We need less government drones for mankind's advancement.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    BBW: Well you got that right the job of the teacher is to teach government supplied information/indoctrination and not to deviate very far from the program of study.

I don't know what country you live in, but that sure as heck isn't what happens at my school in the US.

A teacher's job is to teach young minds to think critically and to question dogmatism. The best teachers refrain from biasing or unduly influencing their students by withholding their personal opinions, especially on controversial matters. Instead, they work to help students critically evaluate the issues, weigh the evidence and form their own opinions--pretty much the exact opposite of what you said above.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@jp: Probably a few years since you went to school!

Even the best universities are rotten to the core; diploma mills designed to indoctrinate young ones. A few stem programs are ok but you could get rid of 80% of "higher education" and everyone would be better of!

Listen to this guy (a real professor!) for the inside scoop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit