Circuit Overseer to Answer My Questions + Concerns...or Not

by Research 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"The Elder did admit to my mother, who didn't believe me at first, that they keep records/a file of serious wrong-doing, seal it, and store it."

So much for forgiving up to 77 times. Hypocrites!!

Everything against WT is "apostate." Even a worldly thing, such as the ARC. They put their fingers in their ears and go.....lah lah lah. How can you even try and reason with unreasonable people? We quit trying. Life is too short!

I admire your persistence.

• Research
    Research

From the earlier email/her first response: (italic is my note)

You do not have to be a baptized witness to be apostate. Satan is apostate because he knows the truth and "abandons or deserts it". The world itself is not necessarily apostate as most of them do not know the truth. I appreciate you trying to share with me but anything spoken against my friend I will not believe. I have also told you that I do not want this type of stuff (the news, apparently) in my home. So now you stand at a cross roads/fork, you need to pray for Jehovah to show you the truth but if you have already made your mind up, then you need to think about what you are going to do with your future.

I will always love you baby.
    ---
    I gave the definition of Apostate, etc and her response was pretty much "I am not saying anything besides the fact that I would give the benefit of the doubt where it belongs..."

And we're going to talk later tonight, I guess.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Hi Research,

I'm probably just just echoing statements made here already but just be prepared to receive cold, conditioned resonses to all your queries.

Most of your current jw friends will not talk about your concerns in any meaningful, thoughtful way and you will be left feeling unsatisfied.

You are going to hear a lot of wait on jehovah and do you believe that the gb are gods representatives on earth. Also, the old classic, where else will you go?

All the best.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Satan was an angel of Jehovah. Therefor he was part of "Jehovah's organization." Satan is an apostate.

You cannot be an apostate and have never been a Witness.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Who’s the “friend” that your Mom is willing to defend by ignoring criticism? Jeehoober Gawd??

Maybe Jeehooby-Doob wants his organization cleaned up and he’s keeping track of who refuses to help?? Maybe you should ask her about THAT....?

DD

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RESEARCH:

Maybe when a person is ‘studying’ and not yet baptized they can get away with questions here and there. I remember asking questions and when something could not be answered to my satisfaction, I was told that in time (or some such garbage) it would be made clear..But, some of your questions fall into the category of things the religion doesn’t even want its followers to think about - let alone ask.

There are questions you cannot ask..and answers you cannot question...You will be met with hostility for presenting this list.

This shows you to be a thinker and a critic. Two things the JW religion hates. They also show you are up to date on the scandals against the religion. They will hate you for that too. They expect a ‘faithful’ Witness to be in a news blackout who has no idea of what is going on outside the kingdom hall.

This might put you on the fast track for expulsion from the religion. If that’s what you want, okay. Whoever meets with you will ask that famous question if you accept the GB, etc... Good Luck.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I guess critical JWs are divided between the ones that keep low profile about their apostacy and those who naively think there must be room for their rightious critique in 'the truth'

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

All you get from them will probably be "Have faith, wait on Jehovah, the world belongs to Satan and many people lie to make money." Then they will go into the "No True Scotsman" defense. (You can look that up in wikipedia.) Basically, if a JW isn't acting right, then they are not a true JW.

All the stuff about the 2 witnesses- they will NOW say that is just part of the congregation and doesn't change the legal side of the issue and they will not really address how it has done so much harm, like in the findings of the ARC.

But ask away.

• carla
    carla

Here is a quote jw's hate to hear and wholeheartedly disagree with-

I would rather have questions I can't answer than questions I can't ask.

If you shouldn't even ask a question then maybe it is a cult? (restricting information)

• zophar
    zophar

Or...

“Questions I can’t answer vs Answers I can’t question.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit