Circuit Overseer to Answer My Questions + Concerns...or Not

by Research 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Welcome Research, you had better fasten your seat belt my friend, don't expect any fair and reasonable treatment.

R.B.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

What Cofty et al said.

Researching outside of the cult is a no no in and of itself. I'm afraid you are setting yourself up for loss through your honest questions. Glad that your dad is not a Witness and that he will stand up for you.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, ....see you back here in a year.

DD

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I typed up my questions + concerns and emailed an Elder my mother has known for a long time. He in turn said he didn't want to put his own personal 'spin' or perspective on things, saying he is going to pass the information on to a Circuit Overseer who will be in town (at the time) in a few weeks.

This guy has just passed the buck on to this C.O.who is going to instigate a JC committee to find out where you are getting these ideas from....... apostates ? No brother or sister comes up with these type of questions on their own ,you must be looking at apostate material etc,etc,etc.

I`m sorry my friend but you are soon going to find out who your real true friends are ,and they wont be who you think they are .

I would love to be proved wrong on this however time will tell.

By the way welcome to this forum ,we would love to know how you go with this situation.

• snapdragon4
    snapdragon4

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/exhibits-case-study-54

The elders' manual, "Shepherd the Flock of God", is available in all its glory on the ARC website above for all to see, go to exhibits, attachments, show.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello, Searchy. Welcome to the freedom of an open mind.

Cofty is 100% correct.

Smidster - I`m sorry my friend but you are soon going to find out who your real true friends are ,and they wont be who you think they are .

Also 100% correct.

They are not interested in 'helping' you. They will rather try to silence you. Why? Imagine if your questions 'stumbled(tm)' other cult members. Why, then there would be less money going to fight lawsuits where the GovBod (P.B.O.T.T.), are protecting paedophiles.

Mate, beware!

Image result for it's a trap

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome Research!

You are starting out on the same road I took about 7 years ago. I was convinced the org's teaching regarding a scripture couldn't be right, so I naively wrote to the Branch with my Bible evidence.

The Branch responded by endorsing their dogma and telling me to look at various literature references.

That was my signal to start researching everything the fartful slave insisted was 'truth.'

If you'd like to see any research on some of their major dogmas, PM me. Glad to share.

Enjoy the journey.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome, Research.

The brothers will view you as a member of the 'Awkward Squad'.

The CO will give some kind of answer, probably ending with 'wait on Jehovah in this time of the end'.

^^^ That's his way of asking you to drop the subject.

If you continue asking these kind of questions, you'll find yourself in the back room, meeting with three elders.

Edited to add: Cofty nailed it in his comment.

(Also, there is a site called JWFacts.com. The guy who runs that site questioned things and found himself in a similar situation to you. He was eventually disfellowshipped, from what I remember. Check out his life story on his site. It shows how the elders treated him, thus giving hints as to how the CO and elders will treat you.)

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Here is a link to *Paul Grundy's experience, well worth a read if you have the time ...

https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/paul-grundy.php

*the guy who runs JWFacts.com.

• tiki
    tiki

Keep up the good work, Research. Think objectively. But if as I gather you are dependent on living with the religion for practical or financial reasons, keep a low profile. It is a death trap cult....and honest answers to your questions will likely be sidestepped and your motive for asking them questioned.

Good luck and be smart!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit