Circuit Overseer to Answer My Questions + Concerns...or Not

by Research 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

Establish a base reason for your concerns and questions and by the way stop asking questions .....JW's don't like questions. What they like is obedience over faith.

Your best protection is the ARC's findings into the JW religion and the WTBTS confrontational mindset.

Essentially the Society was a publishing and real estate holding corp. Decades later it established itself as a religion in 1931 or there about. The only thing that changed was the tax break they have enjoyed to this day.

The ARC has revealed that the Australian JW Branch had information on some 1006 cases of child sexual abuse dating from 1950 until this day. Of those cases there were over 1800 plus victims of sexual abuse......... a pedophile doesn't stop with one victim. ......... AND........... not a single case was reported to the police!

Jesus actually was very specific about children. He said "do not hinder the children from coming to me."

I would think child sexual abuse was a crime first and a sin secondly. The JW's land firmly on it being a sin that can be handled by their idiot Elders....... in house.

If you get 'blow back' from your congregation, the Elders, the Circuit overseer...... simply stake out a position that you have been stumbled by the child sexual abuse the ARC showed that was actually happening in the congregations.

If you are threatened just remind them that you know for a fact that the JW congregations have protected child abusers and you are prepared to write a letter to your local newspaper revealing the ARC information.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Expect to DFed for “brazen conduct”.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

If arc is apostate lies why would a member of the governing body Geoffrey Jackson give evidence ,surely he would take the lead and avoid this so called apostate investigation ?

Unless he's a secret apostate.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Don’t be surprised if the Circuit Overseer chooses not to respond to your questions

• Research
    Research

Thanks for all the comments! (Plus many of you are very nice lol I'm sure you know we're supposed to view any Apostate (not that all of you are) as evil, even to the point of fearing them. I'm glad you were able to prove that wrong.)

Thanks for the link to JW facts, too. I might update my questions, though as many of you have pointed out they might not even bother looking at them. My mother said that rejecting the Governing Body is the same as rejecting Jehovah, since he directs and guides us through them. Even if one were to believe that, they're still imperfect men.

I am hoping that using just the bible, JW library, and ARC materials they can't claim those are Apostate sites. (Though of course, they can dismiss the last one probably)

The time it's taken them to get back to me (a few weeks) isn't making me feel very confident in them. And thanks, The Fall Guy! I still have lots of research to do, so if I ever get stuck I'll be sure to take you up on your generous offer.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My mother said that rejecting the Governing Body is the same as rejecting Jehovah, since he directs and guides us through them. Even if one were to believe that, they're still imperfect men.

You might remind your mother than the GB was infiltrated by an apostate (that's what they considered Ray Franz to be) so how can we not be cautious about them as it could happen again.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Lol. Actually there was a WT article in the not too distant past ( 2 years?? ) that hinted towards the possibility of “Satan” misleading even the chosen ones.. 🤔

Makes me wonder if the real owners of the WTBTS are ready to cut the GB loose as sacrificial lambs if necessary.

DD

• Research
    Research

Mini-update:

The Elder (who granted is older) called my mother instead of emailing me because he doesn't 'do' email. Roughly what was said was that the Australian Royal Commission is indeed Apostate. I had asked if it was then why B. Jackson would talk to them/comment but I don't remember getting a satisfying answer. Also Australia is a different land and has different laws (I assume he meant reporting laws).

My mother also asked if it were true, why weren't other major news picking it up? To which I replied that the Guardian spoke on it, BBC and ABC (though some articles/etc were dated)

The Elder claimed the Circuit Overseer got sick, so either I'll have to wait or maybe talk to his replacement. I was warned by my mother that I am strictly not allowed on any Apostate websites (so apparently that includes the news?) and if I become an apostate she'll try to kick me out. Thankfully though, my step-dad wouldn't allow that, and per "the rules" he as her head has the final say.

The Elder did admit to my mother, who didn't believe me at first, that they keep records/a file of serious wrong-doing, seal it, and store it.

Feeling a little exhausted by it all...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

ARC is "apostate"? It can't be apostate if the ARC were never Witnesses. I wonder if news services reporting on the Russian persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses are "apostate driven lies" as well.

• Research
    Research

That is a good point. I'm emailing my mother while she's at work, first with how the news has been reporting on it, and then the 'official JW' definition of Apostate, directly from JW Library.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit