JW message becoming more and more relevant

by lsw1961 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Isw - I did all that with the Rosicrucians. Time, space and mind and all that jazz. The great architect et al.

In the end it's all a waste of time. In a 100 years time we'll all be dead..in total oblivion...just a name on a headstone...nothing more. Our children's children might live on...just our family line..until the world dies...until the human race becomes extinct...which it will.

It's all a waste of time!

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Isw1961, that's very interesting. I've always been fascinated with consciousness. I think it's the missing piece of the puzzle.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Your evolution theory cannot explain how something immaterial evolved from something material.

That's because evolution doesn't touch on that subject. Evolution is the evidence based method of speciation. Abiogenesis is the study of how life began. Two different branches of science.

What books on evolution have you read, other than JW publications?

• stuffwotifink
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    isw:
    Jehovah motivates me, I just do it. For me Jehovah is more real than the air
    I breathe in.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Isw1961, I also think the kingdom message is relevant. The message is basically that we need a different form of government to solve the worlds problems. I think that's true. I mean I look around the world today and in my opinion, the standard of living of each country directly dependent on the form of government they have and the level of corruption there is at the top.

But even though it's relevant, do you think it's true? Do you think Jehovah's Witnesses are God's organization?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So, the big question is - are you counting time for this interchange?

The quote (I assume it is a quote) does not align with the title. I am highly confused.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Your evolution theory cannot explain how something immaterial evolved from something material. For example, consciousness is altogether a different kind of existence to which laws of chemistry and physics do not apply. Brain definitely controls the body and its thousand activities, but it is not self-sufficient. Brain is controlled by the mind for every detail of its functioning

Nothing could be farther from the truth. LOL

Look up carbohydrate regulation in the body of animals??

Little cells in the islets of Langerhans do a magnificent job without any thought at all.LOL

Don't go looking for purpose in the universe you won't find it! All you'll see is results?

I hope I can post this?

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Naturally, God will respond to this unnatural turn of events on earth where unrighteousness and irreligiousness reign supreme.—Daniel 2:44

The thing about gods is, they never show. Naturally, a non existant magic man won't do anything....as demonstrated thus far by the him/her/it/them not taking any action.

3 For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”

33 Keep looking, keep awake, for YOU do not know when the appointed time is.

36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.

3 For the vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.
  • paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Isw1961, I really don't know what I believe but I do think your initial statement is true. That Jehovah's Witnesses message is becoming more relevant. For me there's not enough information, or maybe I'm just not smart enough, to come to any conclusions or have a conviction about what the ultimate truth will turn out to be.

I just want to say that I truly admire people who say what they believe even though some people ridicule them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit