Gerrit Lösch gives a special talk the Norval Assembly Hall in Georgetown Canada

by wannaexit 61 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Given that the GB have the power to influence the lives of millions of young people, or rather, hundreds of thousands (let’s not get carried away), shouldn’t they take their responsibility a bit more seriously with relevant and up to date information?

It strikes me that this sort of behaviour doesn’t really indicate fear of God, regard for other people, or even self respect.

• Della Street
    Della Street

If everyone is struggling and making minimum wage as a janitor, how are they going to have enough to donate to WT and get their hours in?? Penalized for making too much, penalized for not making enough and not getting in enough hours.... it's a no win situation.

At the same time, idolize the wealthy ones in the congregation...

such a destructive and disturbing dynamic.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why would someone - who has absolutely no intention of setting one foot even near a university - prepare for, pay for, and take the ACT?

Exactly! Most of the "facts" stated in these experiences are bullshit! The ACT/SAT is not inexpensive ($50-$60), so no "career pioneer" is going to waste that "gas money". To be kind, let's just say, they embellish a little on those life experiences given at conventions.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "These clowns are getting even more delusional."

Like I keep saying, it's an easy habit to fall into when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

What does make sense to me is that the cult bosses have to make people mad over something, in order to claim that they are being persecuted.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This talk by Losch was nothing special at all for it was the same talk regurgitated over and over again directed to youngsters purposely meant to demean higher education and persuade people to become full time pioneers or public sales representatives for WTS.

This recent degradation of higher education has been supplemented by the suggestion that people particularly men should rather purse training in building construction thereby making use of these skills in the building projects for the organization.

What a righteous display of devotion to Jehovah and his chosen earthly arrangement !

• steve2
    steve2

I could get mad about his stupid talk or I could shout for joy because it shows up the simpleton GB members for who they are.

My "educated" guess (excuse the unintended reference to education,) is that young Canadian JWs are increasingly likely to pursue higher education because if they weren't, there would be absolutely no need for his talk, right?

The calibre of reasoning in his talk is so embarrassingly deplorable that any young JW planning on higher education would not be dissuaded. And any young person who is persuaded by his talk probably should stick to being a janitor or manual labourer because there isn't much going on between their ears.

As irritating as this particular GB member is, we need him to perform true to his arrogant, lazy-minded self because by doing so, he conducts his very own powerful anti-witness for any listener with brain cells.

Way to go Losch!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

is that young Canadian JWs are increasingly likely to pursue higher education because if they weren't, there would be absolutely no need for his talk, right?

Maybe Steve2 but this talk could have come right out of a JWS talk in 1970, its the same ideological concept being presented that higher education is dangerous to ones spirituality and is really an effort in redundancy since Armageddon is just around the corner.

Losch seems to like this subject because he uses it quite often.

The WTS heads (GB) only care about themselves and the organization which they live off of in more ways than one.

• humbled
    humbled

Coincidence?

Amazon has Watchtower’s 2007 Pursue Goals That Honor God video offered for free viewing. It is a total trashing of higher education . It mixes Timothy and a cast of fictional characters, select scriptures knowing that brainwashed kids (and adults) will just bare their chest to their guns without question.

Nathan Natas issued a plea for us to flash mob negative reviews on Amazon. Some of us have. There are a lot of ways to fight back.

I remember seeing this before I left. Some maybe can’t stomach s second look but could post review from memory. I rewatched so l could try shredding from the inside.

This film is destructive and l think Nathan is right. It deserves to draw our fire.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Iown Mylife - "What does make sense to me is that the cult bosses have to make people mad over something, in order to claim that they are being persecuted."

Real persecution - as in being-thrown-to-the-lions-in-the-ancient-Roman-Coliseum persecution (and recent historical evidence has actually called that into question, as a matter of fact) - just doesn't really happen in the civilized world anymore.

It has to be manufactured.

(Ironic really, as present-day legal protections against "persecution" actually exist as a direct result of the WTS's own efforts... "religious freedom" court cases they themselves fought. :smirk:)

Of course, going around poking people in the eye with a stick and then whining when someone punches you in the face for it afterwards doesn't actually make you a martyr.

It just makes you an asshole.

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit