The Great Crowd!

by A Believer 183 Replies latest jw experiences

• A Believer
    A Believer

Why can't you disprove what I quoted on top of the page? Congergations today are the earthly courtyard of Jehovah's spiritual temple.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Read my comments thoroughly. If you are asking this then it shows you are dishonest. True JWs are not disonest. Honest people would have read the entire comment I wrote.

What does this even mean? You said Jewish. Isn't that Judaism?

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Somebody else take over if you want. He's either being mean by playing stupid, or he has a real problem.

Either way, Shabbat has begun where I live and I have to go. Shabbat Shalom!

• A Believer
    A Believer
    The belief that Jesus is God, the Son of God, or a person of the Trinity, is incompatible with Jewish theology. Jews believe Jesus did not fulfill messianic prophecies that establish the criteria for the coming of the messiah.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

It is very possible that the great crowd is the same as the 144,000. John at first, only hears the number that are sealed then it is surprisingly revealed to him that the numbers are not literal as he is then given a view of a great crowd of, not literal Jews, but spiritual Jews of all nations and tribes and tongues. That could be the whole point of that passage in Revelation 7 - Revealing that the Israel of God will not be limited to natural Jews but is open to everyone who washes their robes in the blood of the lamb.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Exactly Island Man. The 144.000 and the Great Crowd are the same group described from two perspectives (divine and human) and in two different settings (earthly and heavenly) John heard the perfect number and then saw the actual group. The hearing and then seeing sequencing is a common literary device used by the apostle to display his aparently contrasting images. e.g. He hears the lion and then turns and see the lamb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_JnephdlP8&t=7s

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Why can't you disprove what I quoted on top of the page? Congergations today are the earthly courtyard of Jehovah's spiritual temple.

David Jay did!

Look over his very indepth post on the previous page. To which you didn't reply to - just 'Nah you are' when he pointed out you were mistaken.

I don't everything because I haven't been studying for long.

You need to do more research. Otherwise like many of us here you waste years of your life on an ever changing faith driven my men changing their mind about what scriptures mean.

I can give you lots of scriptures that say earth is for man, and that their will be a Paradise.

Why don't you got away and research this point. Where is there a scripture that says in the future humans will live forever on a paradise earth. One which says all of that.

Just one.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

A Believer

Can you show me from this Revelation, or any other text that members of the "Great Crowd" have been drawn by a gospel, that leaves them unjustified, without imputation of righteousness, not born of the Spirit, not adopted as sons, not possessors of eternal life and bereft of a heavenly hope?

• A Believer
    A Believer

David Jay still said naos only refers to the sanctuary. Well I gave him scripture that says that is wrong. Where is his sources that it stopped being called naos?

Jehovahs Temple will never come down like Herods so the entire thing can be called Naos.

• A Believer
    A Believer

The Bible doesn't explicitly say the great crowd are in paradise. But their are scriptures that say what paradise will be like. And every scripture says the Earth is for man. Their is no reason to believe otherwise.

. 2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God

10 So he carried me away in the power of the spirit to a great and lofty mountain, and he showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God+

This can't happen if eveyone is in heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit