Will You Constantly Wear A Mask?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One of my cheap masks broke today. Thankfully I have about 5 others that people have given me so I can get into a store.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I had to get some blood work a few weeks ago and was asked to wait in a social distancing holding pen. Masks were required.

I sat across from the only person without one. He was a pretty big guy with a massive beer gut. He was obviously proud to be maskless unlike the rest of us sheep. When I sat down he stared at me, I stared back. I'll play the stupid stare down game.

Then... I started coughing. Whatever bug I had recently messed up my right lung and once I start coughing, I can't stop, and it's a nasty dry rattle with an involuntary wheeze after the cough that can't be faked.

Tough guy broke eye contact. Then, the nurse said, "Are you sure you don't want a mask Mr. Krupke?" That seemed to indicate that he'd already turned her down once! He didn't say a word, he took the mask and walked to the other side of the room.

I love you tough, nonsheeple. You're good for a laugh!

• Realbavman
    Realbavman

No. Last weekend I went to Menards where I was greeted at the garden center by a man in a mask who told me I couldn't enter until I go to the main entrance and buy a mask for a buck. I said, "ok, thank you". Then turned around and went immediately to Home Depot.

• minimus
    minimus

They should provide free masks for you giving them your money

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I'm always required to wear a mask at work. This hasn't been a big change for me. We are required to wear them at grocery stores in my area as well, and anytime outside when within 6 feet of others. It is becoming exhausting and in general the rebellion has begun.

I do not enjoy wearing a mask outside of work. But I do it now when I know it makes others comfortable.

What is frustrating, is that 90% of people wearing masks today are using them incorrectly. Constantly touching their mask, up/down, right side/wrong side in, hanging over the ear then back on, using over and over. Pointless. May as not wear one because now you are more likely to be infected by SOMETHING as opposed to nothing if you had worn no mask. You've just mishandled something laden with bacteria that typically should be nowhere near your face. Imagine just grabbing your kitchen towel off the counter after a day or two of use and wrapping it around your face. That's what you are getting mishandling your clean n95 mask or substitute. Same with those wearing gloves. When you do not take them off properly and dispose of them properly, there is no point.

But the powers that be say they work and are the key to moving forward. That is largely because of the success the medical field has shown with lower infection rates and good use of PPE.

General population is not well trained in PPE.

Remember. When this all broke out, we were told NO masks. (because medical needed them and no supply). Then once billion dollar contracts floated around, EVERYONE wear a mask.

Scientific data and guidance always follows the money.

• Realbavman
    Realbavman

Yeah, John Menard has enough money to provide masks but instead I think he is trying to make money off of it.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As I mentioned on another thread, I made a couple of masks from my wife's bikini underwear (she was not happy with one that I cut up but what can I say). She still complains when I wear them but I am the one who goes to buy food more often.

Anyway, I like the feeling of the lace, it sort of tickles my ears a bit. It's hard to see other peoples' reactions but I know a couple have laughed.

Before I wear them, I spray a little bit of lavender or spring mountain scents to get the full effect.

It makes wearing the "masks" more interesting.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Some people clearly have an attitude towards people who are NOT wearing a mask. Those people are assholes.

Just a different side of the same coin.

• minimus
    minimus

Rub, why add more scents. Leave well enough alone.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

You are a facetious one Rub. I would laugh with you if I saw you in the store. For full Weird Science effect you should consider wearing the matching bra top on your head.

Reminds me of the helmet laws of the 80s. Every biker wearing a cast iron pot on their head. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit