Will You Constantly Wear A Mask?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I see people alone in their cars, with their windows up, wearing a mask. That seems ridiculous.

When my wife and I go walking in our neighborhood for exercise, we don't wear a mask.

On the other hand, if I'm in close proximity with people in public, I wear a mask.

Some people clearly have an attitude towards people who are wearing a mask. Those people are assholes.

• minimus
    minimus

Has anyone ever asked these people in their vehicles WHY they wear their masks while they are driving alone.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I see people alone in their cars, with their windows up, wearing a mask. That seems ridiculous.

@Queenpeg ...

If you want to hit up a liquor store, gas station or convenience store in broad daylight, wouldn't you want to wear a mask?

Be serious. There are cameras everywhere these days.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Lol, Queenpeg...

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I wear a mask 80 percent of the time to grocery stores. It isn't mandatory here. I wear the mask to love others who are more sensitive. But you see I am not that great at it because I don't always wear it.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

But, I suppose if you want to wear a mask in your closed up car, it's your right. You're not endangering anyone by wearing the mask...

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I wonder if some that have it on in their car just don't want to touch it to take it off and put it back on. Or they're just idiots. Probably a mix of both skewing toward idiocy.

The question presented isn't something though that I've heard anyone say they'd do. Even the people I know that are all about some masks don't wear it constantly.

I wear one when going indoors where there are lots of people like the post office the other day. Other than that I don't wear one. I met a friend for lunch last week on the riverfront and we ate at a picnic table and we sat at opposite corners and had a good time. Tomorrow a friend is coming over to sit on my screened porch to social distance and have lunch.

Masks have a place for sure. I think it is stupid to wear one constantly. I think it is equally stupid to refuse to wear one regardless of the circumstance.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I will wear my mask when in stores.

I have a feeling that masks will be needed from time to time in our new ‘normal’.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Well, not constantly. I do wear one when shopping but not when I'm walking or running outside. I don't wear one in the car but I understand why some might. You might not want to pull it off if you don't have hand sanitizer to first use on your hands, particularly important if you've just come out of a supermarket. But I carry hand sanitizer with me, so I get back to the car, use the sanitizer, then pull off the mask. I use the mask so I don't inadvertently infect others. It is a considerate thing to do.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    Joe Biden wore a mask outside. That is why I will not vote for him. He is a follower not a leader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit