Interesting Find with Chronology

by Kelley959 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

johnamos

Wrong scholar! Not according to your beloved WTS.

[Jeremiah 25: 11 And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and THESE NATIONS will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years.”’ 12 ‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error,’ declares Jehovah,]

[8-1-81 WT p. 27-28 – “The idol-worshiping Babylonians now were in line for God’s judgment to be executed upon them. That happened in 539 B.C.E. when Babylon was overthrown by the Medes and the Persians.”--

---

Nonsense you need to study our publications more closely and our comments on Jer. 25:11

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'scholar':

You introduced Stern so if there is a contradiction in his statements then that is not my problem.

There is no contradiction in Stern's statements. Most of the towns were destroyed, and the towns that were destroyed were not resettled throughout the exilic period. Some other towns were not destroyed and remained populated. If you imagine the statements to be contradictory, you quite definitely have a problem.

You need to focus on the fact that the judgement of Babylon only occurred after 70 years was fulfilled and that was not at its Fall in 539 BCE any other interpretation is fanciful. Also, the verse clearly indicated that the land of Babylon would also be desolated which did not happen in with the Fall.

Complete nonsense. The claim that Babylon was 'called to account' in some manner in 537 BCE is plainly stupid, and the land of Babylon wasn't desolated in 537 either, further invalidating your claim. Daniel 5:26-31 (written later but consistent with how the Jews regarded the period) quite clearly refers to the end of Babylon's days and being called to account when it was conquered in 539.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

What your pretty chart on WT/JW chronology shows that our Chronology has a certain validity and that difference in comparison to other schemes only differs by a few years or at least 20 Years. Your chart is well constructed and I will make good use of it in my defence of our wondrous Bible Chronology. Thank You!!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scholar:

For the reason that you have been influenced by COJ and your timeline does not accord with WT chronology.

I did get around to reading COJ's book around 2015, many years after I had established the timeline for the period. The fact that my timeline shows WT chronology to be erroneous is largely the point, and the fact that it is consistent with secular historians and other honest individuals is only because it is correct.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scholar:

What your pretty chart on WT/JW chronology shows that our Chronology has a certain validity and that difference in comparison to other schemes only differs by a few years or at least 20 Years. Your chart is well constructed and I will make good use of it in my defence of our wondrous Bible Chronology. Thank You!!

"a few years or at least 20 Years" 🤣

The timeline actually demonstrates that WT chronology has no validity and is out by 20 years (extending to 68 years by Solomon's time) for purely dishonest reasons.

Every time you try to 'defend' nonsensical WT chronology, you just come off looking dishonest and stupid. Good luck with that.

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Nope. The seventy years was a period of the Exile in Babylon,

Wrong again scholar!

[Pay Attention to Daniel’s Prophecy! – The Great Timekeeper, Jehovah, had numbered the days of Babylon’s reign as a world power, and the end was closer than anyone at Belshazzar’s banquet thought.]

[Isaiah’s Prophecy 1 p. 253-254 par. 21 – Evidently, the 70 years represents the period of Babylonia’s greatest domination...But at the end of 70 years, that domination will crumble. What will then happen to Tyre?...Following the fall of Babylon in 539 B.C.E., Phoenicia becomes a satrapy of the Medo-Persian Empire.]

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Nonsense you need to study our publications more closely and our comments on Jer. 25:11

Where's the nonsense? The WTS clearly say that God's judgment on Babylon happen in 539.

“The idol-worshiping Babylonians now were in line for God’s judgment to be executed upon them. That happened in 539 B.C.E

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

schooler I refrained from this posy but it's time for me to enter are you sure yo want to hear me out. I'm a biblical minimalist. Daniel has ZERO basis in the six century bce live with it. That's\ blunt that's me

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Ephraim Stern. “From 604 B.C.E. to 538 B.C.E.—there is a complete gap in evidence suggesting occupation. In all that time, not a single town destroyed by the Babylonians was resettled

Most of the towns were destroyed, and the towns that were destroyed were not resettled throughout the exilic period. Some other towns were not destroyed and remained populated.

-- Well you explain these two comments.

--

Complete nonsense. The claim that Babylon was 'called to account' in some manner in 537 BCE is plainly stupid, and the land of Babylon wasn't desolated in 537 either, further invalidating your claim. Daniel 5:26-31 (written later but consistent with how the Jews regarded the period) quite clearly refers to the end of Babylon's days and being called to account when it was conquered in 539.

-- I did not say that Babylon was called into account in 537 BCE. It was only at that time of the Return which was the time of fulfilment of the 70 years after which Babylon was called into account. The fulfilment of the 70 years marked the end of the Exile and the Desolation of Judah. Daniel 5 simply shows that Babylon would soon fall with the approaching end of the Daniel's Exile and the 70 years.

----

scholar JW

---

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

I did get around to reading COJ's book around 2015, many years after I had established the timeline for the period. The fact that my timeline shows WT chronology to be erroneous is largely the point, and the fact that it is consistent with secular historians and other honest individuals is only because it is correct.

Your claim not to have read COJ prior to 2015 is incredulous but whatever the case you must have come across information that was derived from COJ's research. Your timeline certainly shows the validity of JW Chronology and the fact that it is inconsistent with others is simply opinion which is common to scholarship where experts seldom agree.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit