Jesus Believed In Adam and Eve

by Parker 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Parker
    Parker
    I cannot make anyone believe that the Bible is true unless they agree . It s the only book where I can get all the anwers regarding our short existence. Most other books and philosophers only rise more questions regarding the matter.

Well, I think you hit the nail on the head, GodBeliever. The Bible provides you the answers that a lot of humans are curious about. But there is such a dark side to the Bible that a lot of believers like you either don't know about or don't want to know about.

• Parker
    Parker
    We tend happilly to obey humans, accept their weaknesses and injustice but when it comes to God we become very critical.

What you're saying is categorically false, GodBeliever. And I don't know where you've been for the last 3 and a half years, but with so much dislike of the current administration of the United States of America and the large nationwide protests that have been going for the last few months, pretty much shows that your head is very much in a religious la-la land.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Where is that guy that wrote Atheist Bok of Bible Stories... we need him back lol

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Parker,

I dont know what progressive Christian means. I just recognise a lot in the Bible is not literal. Just look at the old testament prophets. Also the Bible reader should try to understand time and culture of the stuff written. Audience relevance.

Slimboyfat,

I think you can say genocide was the ancient norm. It was about making desirable lebensraum for the winners in the evolutionary struggle. Christianity came along and promoted unseen ethics. But not without constant opposition from the devil (s). Now we live in an exciting time where cultural marxism and totallitarianism is strangulating Europe and a small opposition is rising up. Will the things Christianity build up survive or will mankind go back to the wolf pack life style

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever
    • Parker,

I would say that is very unlikely for a Bible Student to read Rutherford.

As for everything else, I hope everyone will figure out what is worth believing or not.

• Giordano
    Giordano

GodBeliever here is a site that is made up of Ex JW's or at least started by them and has morphed into an on line belief forum with beliefs that they feel need to be articulated. Since your in the articulated beliefs business I am sure you will find a hearty welcome.

https://beroeans.study/what-we-believe/

I think they are well meaning and do have bible based beliefs.

Unfortunately 'true believers' tend to have a very low IQ.

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Thank you!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Remember, Jesus probably saw Eve naked before Adam saw her. I bet she was a hottie.

I just wonder that since metals were not used yet, could she have shaved herself? (underarms, legs, lower region)? Or maybe Adam liked his woman a bit "bushy".

Just thinking.

• Giordano
    Giordano

RubaDub... tuck it back in .......you don 't have to salute your little general every time he or she shows up.

Eve's bush is not in flames........ she's doing fine. Kinda well past Adam. How about the Flood........ I'd bet Eve got out of that bullshit.....took the kids and high tailed it.

The God of of the old Testament was one of the dumbest Gods ever.

This is a key embarrassment about the Christian god. He's an idiot!

• Parker
    Parker

Parker,

I dont know what progressive Christian means. I just recognise a lot in the Bible is not literal. Just look at the old testament prophets. Also the Bible reader should try to understand time and culture of the stuff written. Audience relevance.

Here, JoeB75:

Progressive Christianity is a "post-liberal movement" within Christianity "that seeks to reform the faith via the insights of post-modernism and a reclaiming of the truth beyond the verifiable historicity and factuality of the passages in the Bible by affirming the truths within the stories that may not have actually happened."[1] Progressive Christianity represents a post-modern theological approach, and is not necessarily synonymous with progressive politics.[1] It developed out of the Liberal Christianity of the modern era, which was rooted in enlightenment thinking.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Christianity

But after reading that, I stand corrected. You seem like you are Liberal Christian:

Liberal Christianity, also known as liberal theology, is a movement that seeks to interpret and reform Christian teaching by taking into consideration modern knowledge, science and ethics. It also emphasizes the authority of individual reason and experience. Liberal Christians view their theology as an alternative to both atheistic rationalism and to traditional theologies based on external authority (such as the Bible or sacred tradition).[1][2][3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Christianity

Therefore, I would say that you are not a Fundamentalist Christian, but compared to them, your views are more liberal and would perhaps seem heretical to a Fundamentalist Christian of whom I was talking about in this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit