Jesus Believed In Adam and Eve

by Parker 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Parker
    Parker
    Slimboyfat,
    I think you can say genocide was the ancient norm. It was about making desirable lebensraum for the winners in the evolutionary struggle. Christianity came along and promoted unseen ethics.

JoenB75, if I may butt in, could you explain to me why God would conform to ancient human norms and then change his norms and ethics when Christianity came along?

• Parker
    Parker
    Parker,
    I would say that is very unlikely for a Bible Student to read Rutherford.
    As for everything else, I hope everyone will figure out what is worth believing or not.

GodBeliever, on internet forums what you're saying may apply, but I have been finding out more and more that if you verbally disagree with a Fundamentalist Christian offline and express your own beliefs or point of view, like the Jehovah's Witnesses organization, you will be socially ostracized and cut off. And I didn't really know that until recently.

• Parker
    Parker

GodBeliever here is a site that is made up of Ex JW's or at least started by them and has morphed into an on line belief forum with beliefs that they feel need to be articulated. Since your in the articulated beliefs business I am sure you will find a hearty welcome.

https://beroeans.study/what-we-believe/

Unfortunately 'true believers' tend to have a very low IQ.

Giordano, I'm not sure if you were referring to 'true belivers' in general, but from what I know about the people at the Beroeans website, they are very intelligent and very studious. Therefore, I think that GodBeliever may find a lot of conflict at that site. However, they seem to be against current Watchtower teachings, so maybe GodBeliever might find some interests at that site.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Parker,

A curious blend of conservatism and liberalism that is me ☺️. I would not include my understanding of Adam and Eve in the liberal. I question that a strong literalism is the intended meaning 🤔

I think God spoke to Israel in different ways. When they were a nation of warriors, God spoke to them as such. When they were subject to the world's superpower in a different way

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I think God conforms to the level of his people. But Israel of old was also an experiment and sort of representation of all mankind showing that it was needed for God himself to provide a sacrifice for reconciliation 😘

• cofty
    cofty
    I think God conforms to the level of his people

What an utterly pathetic and pointless deity.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Of course it is all preordained to teach the proud a lesson, especially Cuffie (Romans 11).

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

There was no Adam, and no Eve. And the fact the character Jesus believed they existed shows that Jesus is also made up by the same people who made up the story of creation, or that Jesus was just yet another clueless hippie who didn't know a thing.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Creation is fallen and mankind sinful. How and when in a literal sense is another story. The ground is cursed for thy sake Indeed🤔

• cofty
    cofty

Fallen from what exactly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit