Do You Ever Wonder Where Certain Posters Are?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do people simply leave because the site has given them what they wanted?

Are they now infrequent lurkers?

Did they go back to the Watchtower?

You wonder where certain people are.

• Ding
    Ding

I miss a number of the people who were posting regularly when I first joined.

They contributed a lot and left a void when they departed.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Did they go back to the Watchtower?

Those who went back likely would say they will ... return soon ... very soon ... any day now ... the time is just around the corner.

Rub a Dub

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I haven't seen WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU JO-HO for a while. Anyone know how OUTLAW is doing? I believe he was very unwell.

Some people are busy and some younger people may prefer to use more modern App style forums.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Wake Me, Outlaw and TD were among my favorite posters. Hope they are OK and enjoying life apart from the org.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

From what I hear Wake Me is just living life right now and taking care of her kiddo.

I think the site just runs its course for people. The goal for most is to become an ex-ex-JW I think. At a point there's not much more to say. I like to help people and get into the personal stories but otherwise there's not much more to talk about, nothing new coming out from the Borg to work through, it does lose some degree of interest. I think activism helps maintain that interest. You can do that here too by helping new ones. Interest does wane over time. It is nice to see familiar faces here though. Well, some of them. ;)

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

I stopped posting because I was bullied by certain members. You know who you are.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

"Did they go back to the Watchtower?"

Ha! Not quite, but I'm still staying abreast of my door-knocking skills, @minimus.

Thank you, @Diogenesister and @Vanderhoven7. I see you guys :). I still lurk but haven't had the time to contribute anything great lately. I appreciate you asking about me. X

For everyone else wondering, please ask @dubstepped. He is my sole mouthpiece on earth this forum ;). Peace out.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I'm one of those who was here for a while, then I wasn't for a long time. It was not because I went back, I'll never do that. Just get busy with life, and other stuff. Sometimes I get disconnected from the internet as well, when that happens it could be a year or two before I get connected again.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I do miss OUTLAW! I loved his cartoon-like images and the like.

I do think I have the answer as to why we don't see certain posters around here of late...they forgot their password!🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit