Do You Ever Wonder Where Certain Posters Are?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hopefully they have moved on to become “Ex-Ex-JWs”.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

for those wondering about Outlaw he's still moderating another persons site that used to be regular here.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes....Leolaia always blew me away with her knowledge, research and insights.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just remembered a poster named Mulan, she just disappeared with no explanation

• Simon
    Simon

It's a bit like "Lost" isn't it? Strangers who's lives overlap, then move on ...

It's natural, even outside of JW-land, for online communities to evolve and people join and leave. It's sometimes sad when you lose touch or wonder what happened to people that you form a connection with but I don't begrudge anyone moving on - that is what the site is here for, to help people become ex-JWs and then ex-ex-JWs.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think jgnat had a row on here and left.

i sometimes wonder if the cult still has some bizarre hold on me--by me logging in on here most days,,,?

• carla
    carla

There a lot of people who have come and gone on here and I often wonder how they are doing now. Hope they all are well and their lives are so full they don't even give the jw's a thought now!

Maybe we should have a good friend to post if we kick the bucket or something?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Crumpet, Mary and Englishman are alive and well on FB.

• minimus
    minimus

Blue blades....be patient! Simon is busy . He’ll get to it in a decade or so. 🤓

• Jourles
    Jourles

This site took off right around the time that the old H2O forum gave up the ghost. For me personally, it was a nice enclave to hang out on when I was still PIMO. Met a LOT of folks from here through apostafests and during the course of my work travels (and yes, even met you, Minimus).

This site was therapy in a way. It certainly helped having fellow ex-cult members know what I was going through, and I hope I was able to help others in a positive way during those earlier years. I'm still kicking it in the Michigan area, and would love to come to another apostafest if one materializes in the future. Hell, I'd even fly to another state if a BIG one was thrown together.

I don't really post here much anymore simply because I don't feel I have much to contribute. I gave it my best effort in the early years, but now I'm just enjoying life. My folks are still in, so I do have that one last tie to the org. My mom probably doesn't have much more time to live as she has stage IV cancer. Crazy story behind that. (I may just post about it because, what the hell, why not?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit