Poll/ So Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidency?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Trump continues to dog whistle to the haters.

He offers much more to them to show up on election day than Biden offers to his own base.

Still, so many have woken up to the facts that Trump has just been devisive and self centered and has totally botched COVID19, that even without Biden offering much, many will vote to end Trump's time.

So it is a toss-up. I hope Trump supporters keep thinking it is in the bag and Biden supporters keep thinking it is not a sure thing.

• minimus
    minimus

Otwo ,, I agree Trump is self centered. That’s it though. For a self centered guy he certainly has put America first.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Min- "...he certainly has put America first."

I wanna walk away, but I just can't.

As of Jan 1st, 2020 Trump has spent one out of every three days as president visiting one of his luxury resorts, hotels or golf courses. So of course the lock down drove him nuts.

He has directed millions of dollars from U.S. taxpayers to his businesses around the globe and created a mountain of potential conflicts of interest. Even though what Biden is accused of with Hunter is terrible, it pales in comparison.

Trump has promoted his properties in front of the United Nations. And he has encouraged foreign governmental entities to rent condos in Trump properties....and they do so as they seek to curry favor. Trump has literally called the emoluments clause "phony." In September, USA TODAY, said that Trump has surpassed 2300 conflicts of interest, according to Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. Remember when he wanted the G-7 Summit at his Miami resort? And when you get a chance, check on Jared and real estate dealings, or why he wants the FBI building to stay where it is despite the higher cost than moving it.

Just as he said Mexico would pay for the wall, Donald Trump promised to divest from his businesses, then said he didn't say that.

• minimus
    minimus

He’s directed (illegally) millions of dollars from

US taxpayers “.... prove it

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph
    I wanna walk away, but I just can't.

Good for you! The first step in TDS treatment is to admit you have a problem

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think it might be close because Trump has made a few mistakes in power.

But, like I said on another thread, all Trump has to do is position himself as the champion of law and order.

The Dems have repeatedly made the mistake of tacitly, and sometimes not so tacitly, approving of rioting and looting.

Ordinary Americans/Middle America won't have any of it. The death of George Floyd was bad but they won't put up with looting or rioting.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I want Trump to win but the human species is just to unpredictable, power-hungry, greedy, and conniving. Look at what is happening right now not only in the USA but all around the world, Humans can't be trusted from one day to the next.

If we think the Democrats aren't busy right now planning to somehow cheat their way into winning the election and that justice will prevail, then we are naive. The weakness of the Republicans is that they are weak in fighting back. By now several of the Democratic governors, mayors, and congressmen should have been locked up in jail for breaking the law, but the Republicans do absolutely nothing but sit back and watch.

Nancy Pelosi broke the law just yesterday and no one does anything and she is saying she thought the law allowed it.

Pelosi wrote the law to shut down salons. Yet she breaks the law and no one does anything about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgv-5eTli-o

All cities who had rioters should have immediately fought back and prevented them from taking over the cities and destroying all the properties. They should have locked up the governors and mayors and city council who allowed this in their cities. Instead even the police force listens to these mayors and governors to refrain from helping the good citizens and allow the rioters to burn down the cities.

And the good citizens did nothing but watch bad people burn their cities down. They didn't fight back. And as a result they lost everything. Some cities don't even have any grocery stores anymore. All the businesses are burnt to the ground.

THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS THAT GOOD MEN DO NOTHING.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It seems to me there are a lot of (moderate) people who don't necessarily like Trumps image but are put off by the obvious bias in the media toward him and are leaning in favor him more and more. They're becoming more willing to consider him as a possibility.

Those who are against Trump feel quite free to be LOUD about it. From what I can tell, there are a lot of folks who are leaning his way but are hesitant to say so, out loud.

Either way, as we've seen heavily all throughout Trumps Presidency, there are checks and balances in place that would prevent whomever wins, from doing anything too "out there". To me, that's why things stay relatively the same, no matter who is president.

I'm not too worried about the outcome of the election but what do I know ??

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Min- He’s directed (illegally) millions of dollars from
    US taxpayers “.... prove it

Here's the thing. I shouldn't have to prove it. Even if it was technically legal, you very well know it is happening and then you just excuse it.

And despite my not being a fan of Biden, instead of looking at yourself excusing it, you will just say "What about Joe?"

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Good lord. Does anyone really have to wonder why TDS seems to be a real thing? Let's visit some of these statements, one at a time, slowly, and with a pinch of intellectual honesty.

As of Jan 1st, 2020 Trump has spent one out of every three days as president visiting one of his luxury resorts, hotels or golf courses.

So? Trump Tower (hotel) was the primary residence of the president until September 2019. After September of 2019, and currently, Mar-a-Lago is the primary residence. What relevance does this have? Are you suggesting that spending time at home is somehow improper?

He has directed millions of dollars from U.S. taxpayers to his businesses around the globe and created a mountain of potential conflicts of interest.

Every president, on the authority given to him by the House of Representatives, directs trillions of tax-payer dollars to businesses / governments / organizations around the globe. But I assume you meant to say that the "millions" of tax-payer dollars went to Trump-owned businesses? If you are talking about government employees and foreign nationals staying at Trump resorts, yes, government money (tax-payer money) has gone there. But here's the "honest" part: At what profit? If Trump hosts a government function and gets $1 million dollars in tax-payer revenue, but incurs $1 million in costs, are you really going to argue there is a problem?

Trump has repeatedly said that these operations are "at cost" and sometimes at a loss.

Even though what Biden is accused of with Hunter is terrible, it pales in comparison.

Are you really sure about that? Hunter is accused of getting $1.5 billion (WITH A 'B') from the Chinese government. You are accusing Trump of operating a hotel or resort at cost.

Trump has promoted his properties in front of the United Nations. And he has encouraged foreign governmental entities to rent condos in Trump properties....and they do so as they seek to curry favor.

Now you are engaged in a game of mind reading. So they are staying at the hotel, no profit comes to the hotel (maybe even a loss), and this is a favor to Trump?

Trump has literally called the emoluments clause "phony."

New to me. I didn't know he did this. Should I trust it? Hmmmmm. What to do.. what to do...

I looked it up. When I Googled it, I got about three pages of left-wing articles basically clutching their pearls and fainting onto the nearest couch in shock. Give it a shot yourself. Google "Trump emoluments phony". That should be your first hint that you are about to find a crap load of TDS-laced fake news. The best thing to do - just read the exact words IN CONTEXT. Here you go:

"I don't know if you know it — George Washington, he ran his business simultaneously while he was president. There weren't too many really rich presidents, but there were a few. They ran their business. Hey, Obama made a deal for a book. Is that running a business? I'm sure he didn't even discuss it while he was president. Yeah, yeah. He has a deal with Netflix. When did they start talking about that? That's only a couple of examples. ... I don't think you people with this phony emoluments clause — and by the way, I would say that it's cost me anywhere from $2 billion to $5 billion to be president. And that's OK."

Yeah, he has a clumsy way of speaking. But good lord, it is clear he meant people leveling a phony emoluments clause ARGUMENT/ACCUSATION. Not the literal clause itself. Good forking lord.

In September, USA TODAY, said that Trump has surpassed 2300 conflicts of interest, according to Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. Remember when he wanted the G-7 Summit at his Miami resort?

One reason why I like these specific accusations is that you can actually look them up. If someone says, "Trump is a racist Hitler lover", that's just spouting off. But specific examples like this, you might say, "Wow, 2300 is a lot. I wonder if I can see the list." You can (https://www.citizensforethics.org/2000-trump-conflicts-of-interest-counting/), and it is all about people staying at Trump hotels or resorts, or the hosting of government functions at Trump hotels. You get statements like this:

"Political groups have spent $5.9 million at Trump properties since President Trump took office. So far this year, political groups have spent $1.1 million at Trump properties. In more than a decade prior to his run for president, Trump’s businesses never received more than $100,000 from political groups in a single year."

That might be true. But, as pointed about above, he's operating AT COST, or worse. And he's doing that ON PURPOSE because he knows that the left has one big foaming case of TDS-rage.

And when you get a chance, check on Jared and real estate dealings, or why he wants the FBI building to stay where it is despite the higher cost than moving it.

Right, and did that go through? Plenty of articles about it from 2017. I see some documenting how the Vornado group won't be working on the project. And that Trump is seeking to sell his interest in the group's properties (thereby eliminating any conflict of interest). So just a few minutes of searching, and I can start to see what is implied by the statement above won't actually pan out for you. Just be honest. What do you think about Trump's last sentence in his clumsy 'phony' statement? Don't you think NET gain is a better gauge? Don't you think costs matter if you want to level this charge?

Just as he said Mexico would pay for the wall, Donald Trump promised to divest from his businesses, then said he didn't say that.

Right. So, here is the question: Can a businessman / entrepreneur be president? Is that possible? Or does any entrepreneur have to cease being an entrepreneur?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit