Poll/ So Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidency?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    It seems to me there are a lot of (moderate) people who don't necessarily like Trumps image but are put off by the obvious bias in the media toward him and are leaning in favor him more and more. They're becoming more willing to consider him as a possibility.

To me, this pretty much captures what is about the happen. It's not that Trump is great, we can all see his many flaws. The issue here is to decide which side seems as if they will defend our way of life, our principles, our republic and our constitution.

Now, Biden is not a radical. However he is surrounded by many radicals. How much mental fortitude does he have to keep their insane policies at bay? I suspect not much, and this is what makes electing Biden dangerous.

For as many flaws as Trump has (and there are many), the man is really not a pushover. Look at how Bolton and others tried so hard to get Trump to go to war to suit their interests and Trump stood his ground and kept us out of another war. There is something to be said about that.

• minimus
    minimus

Mean, excellent response!!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@James Brown: Most people that leave an organization like the Watchtower can see through the lies and manipulation of the Democrats. Why would you want to go back to treating people as victimized groups without agency and not as individuals? Where you can get "disfellowshipped" for saying the wrong things?

If you have a valid argument why we should vote FOR Biden, give it up.

- COVID-19 is largely gone now, Biden nor Trump have the authority to lock down states

- Antifa/BLM protests started under Biden/Obama, Portland has been ran by Antifa (they occasionally regulate traffic there, but generally form mobs to destroy local businesses for perceived injustices, shake down people on the streets for money etc) for about 5-6 years now. Trump has been largely successful in cities where Federal Law Enforcement is allowed to operate. It doesn't matter to most of us that your Democrat cities are overrun with terrorists, Republicans will be armed.

CNN just ran a story on the fact that it will be very difficult for Biden to win. The problem is that he needs to win over red states. All Trump has to do is hold onto his 2016 win, he could even lose 2-3 states, which is very, very easy given the current climate, people in the rural and suburb environments don't like what they see in blue states. There is literally 1 in 6 scenario for Biden to win, and it requires Trump to really, really screw up in the next few months.

Biden's lead in all the following states is thinning rapidly, it was 10 points a few months ago, after his VP pick, after the DNC, after Antifa/BLM burning the cities, it's now down to 1-5 or even negative. In the mean time, Trump's approval rating is 52% and has hit 55% over the last week, higher than Obama ever was. With Trump's approval ratings staying high, this is a win. Sure Biden will win the popular vote, but that doesn't matter.

Arizona: Probably blue, if Trump loses it, he won't lose the election

Florida: Unlikely to turn blue, they just elected a Republican for governor

Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire: Toss-ups that don't matter

Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin: Solid red now that their major cities are on fire

North Carolina, Pennsylvania: These are going to be the only remaining battlegrounds, Biden is even going off-script and saying that he won't ban fracking there, which is the opposite of what he said just weeks ago. I highly doubt blue collar workers will end up voting for Biden unless Biden changes his entire campaign.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@James Bidentard:

MAGA

• TheListener
    TheListener

Blue states will be blue and red states will be red......and my wife will continue zooming for meetings and association and expect the imminent death of her husband and children. The more things change the more they stay the same

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

I think Trump has built up too many negatives over himself in the past 4 years of his presidency that a portion of the people who voted Republican last time are going to vote Democrat this time.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I haven't been on this site in a long time. I am sorry to see so many ex Jw's as Trumptards.

To the extent that someone supports Trump because of a cult-like adherence to a political ideology and party, I would agree. But there are also many of us, who are at this point carefully considering that it means for either side to win. I voted for Hillary in 2016 even if holding my nose.

Things are different now. If Trump wins, in 4 years, we'll likely be ok. The economy will be strong, jobs will be plenty, law enforcement won't be defunded, communists won't get both feet in the door of government (they already have one), taxes won't be raised across the board for everybody (look at Biden's tax plan). Yes, we'll have to put up with the tweets, and the buffoonery of Trump, and how he says the wrong things all the time, and the lies about trivial things. But clearly, that cannot be the only criteria by which we vote.

You really want to base your vote on personality traits? I'm focused on things that REALLY affect me: Safety and security, taxes I pay, investment returns, the idea of taking care of our problems first, having a measure of control on immigration, etc etc.

Each voter should he asking himself a few questions:

- Do you want to pay more taxes across the board, including double taxes on your investment returns?

- Do you want a POTUS that supports defunding the police and is surrounded by radicals who insist this must be done?

- Do you want to reward a political party that is trying to coerce voters into voting for them under penalty of mob violence in the streets?

- Do you want to encourage illegal immigration vs actual legal immigration? And on this note, do you want to pay more taxes to give people who have just crossed a border to have free healthcare and education?

- Do you want a POTUS that rubs elbow with people that think America is evil and needs to be destroyed?

- Do you want a POTUS that coddles communists and gives them a platform?

Food for thought.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

I just hope the American people vote in a President that isn't constantly in the news for saying or doing something stupid, unscrupulous and socially immoral.

F..k this has got annoying over the years since American TV broadcasts are closely linked in are Canadian TV broadcasts.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I just hope the American people vote in a President that isn't constantly in the news for saying or doing something stupid, unscrupulous and socially immoral.

I don't disagree. But at the end of the day, voting has to be more than personality. What good is it if we elect a POTUS that is polished and measured in his words, if he is pushing policies that are hurtful to all of us?

I'm just trying to put things in perspective. The stupidity of Trump will likely hurt me less that actual policies which have real impact.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I agree. The "stupid" stuff is the result of Biden's dementia and you can't blame a person for what happens with aging. It's sad, but clearly he will never carry the responsibility of the President.

As far as "unscrupulous and socially immoral" -- I think the corrupt profiteering like Hunter Biden's deals with Ukraine and China are the typical MO of politics anymore. No different than the Clinton Foundation receiving MILLION$ in "contributions" when it was perceived that Hillary would be President. When she lost, it all dried up. It was clearly a quid pro quo arrangement to all the contributors.

The American people just put up with it because it's what they have come to expect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit