Poll/ So Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidency?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

It will likely be Trump, not because he is a good president, but because the Democrats don't deliver on what people expect from them.

People expect them to be honorable, truthful and to stand for the small people. In the meantime, they insult the majority of the population by calling them a bunch of racists. They find excuses for looters. They lie in the news, they lack respect for the government’s institution and protect people who's moral compass is all twisted.

Sure, Trump has no morality and he's a "mild" racist and insult people left and right. But strangely, people expect that from him and the shock factor isn't as elevated as it is with the Democrats.

In short, USA has to choose between a turd and a douchebag.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Finkelstein: The President is only in the news because the media make every tweet an existential crisis. Even when he says nothing controversial, or makes a quip, they create a controversy.

The "you should vote twice" - not what Trump said

The "drink bleach and put a UV light up your ass" - not what Trump said

The "asking Ukraine for help with Biden" - not what Trump said

The "Russian agent" and "election interference" stories - proven false by the LEFT (Mueller himself said so)

And even if there is no controversy, they just make up one, like the recent Atlantic story about Trump saying something about veterans that is so far out of left field.

The media, on the other hand, are carrying the drool cups for Obama and have been doing so, sometimes literally for Biden. The last few interviews with Biden, they stated the answer to the question in their question, at another event Biden reporters give prepared statements which then are answered from teleprompter. Questions are given to "concerned citizens" or rather "BLM activists" to read back to Biden - one of them said "I’m just going to be honest Mr. Biden, I was told to go off this paper, but I can’t. We need the truth and I am a part of the truth"

And then if you go look at these stories, "fact checkers" say none of this happened (even though there is live video evidence) with vague claims like "BLM is not part of the Biden campaign" (even though they are a fund raising arm of the Democratic party, through ActBlue).

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

When Trump wins again there will be riots not even close to the ones 4 years ago. Antifa will have to be rooted out and destroyed or locked up, to prevent kaos taking hold in certain cities.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Even the Democrat big wigs are afraid they will lose.

• minsky
    minsky

100% Trump, assuming the election will be fair, which is a big if at this point.

The democrats live in a carefully curated echo chamber in which contrary information is not tolerated. If they stepped out of the echo chamber for a second, they would realize Biden has declined to the point where he is unable to function outside scripted reality, is associated with policies the vast majority hates, and is hopelessly corrupt to boot.

• minsky
    minsky

Nothing about AOC surprise me anymore. But not a peep from CNN or any other major network. They are probably too occupied with interviewing former white house flunkies anonymously to get the next fake scoop. It is no wonder so many choose to get their news from social media these days.

• TheListener
    TheListener

The AOC tweet is fake. It took only a couplei minutes to fact check it. Anony Mous you make great posts with valid points but the fake stuff isn't needed

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@TheListener: It's hard to find out what's true and false these days. I have found many fact checking sites to be factually wrong and extremely biased.

#KeepUsClosed was a left-wing hashtag and keepusclosed.com was registered back then to an ActBlue donation button but then the kibosh was put on it when the AOC tweet started floating around. She also admitted herself to not respond to 'false tweets since there are so many' but on that one she for some reason did.

In an interview with VICE on April 22, 2020 (here), Ocasio-Cortez criticized the president’s calls to “liberate” various states from coronavirus lockdown mandates (here).

• TheListener
    TheListener

I searched the Twitter archives for all current and deleted AOC posts and then checked Snopes. If someone else has it as originally posted or deleted it would be good to get the actual view rather than a screenshot (shared in earlier post) which is all I've ever seen of that tweet.

Anony Mous I agree that it's hard to find out what's true and false these days!

• TheListener
    TheListener

I read through this thread and it seems a lot of posters here are convinced Trump will win and if he doesn't it is due to something unfair. I just went to RealClearPolitics, BBC and 538 and looking at the latest polls Biden is up against Trump by more than Clinton was nationally and in most swingstates.

So a question to posters - do the polls miss the shy Trump voters or are the polls selected by these sites misleading? Or something else?

Is there a polling site or company that people trust?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit