Poll/ So Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidency?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Daniel1556
    Daniel1556

LV101

Wondering which sources you have that the dems are planning a coup.

Mail voting is the most normal voting system in many of the oldest democracies.

• LV101
    LV101

Mail-in voting is corrupt and has been going on - nothing new unless one is a Marxist leftist then it's okay. Votes should be protected. Legal, identification should be necessary for voters. Here's an idea - do your own research.

Source(s) re/coup is not liberal but nor was info re/the last attempted one.

• Daniel1556
    Daniel1556

Switzerland is a country with direct democracy. We can vote not only for parties or people but every few months for initiatives, changes to the law. For example now we vote about immigration, a hunting law or if a local school should be renovated. Most votes are done by mail. And it is a simple and secure system.

We are not a leftist or Marxist country, but a higly regarded democracy, where democratic processes work good for a long time.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Daniel

A smaller country with a more homogenous population. How about opening the borders and not check who comes in? Or let small fractions ignore rules and make their own? As for mail in voting; do you want non swiss people voting? Asking for an id or not sending ballots to dead people is not unreasonable.

The US is supposed to be a republic with representatives for the people. That has broken down to being given a choice of which representative for a party you dislike more.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I hear the democrates taking Trump's words out of context and say that he has no respects for the Veterans, I sadly believe that they are sabotaging their own campaign. Like Trump would say: Sad! Very Sad!

I don't like trump, but democrates doing this get even more on my nerves. They're supposed to be better than this!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I suspect that mail voting could in theory be secure if the process was better designed to have a layer of authentication. This layer could help confirm : a) if the person is alive b)if the person still lives at that address c)if it's really the person who completed the ballot

But (unless I'm wrong), the current process is basically sending a ballot to a person/address of a registered voter which could be on file for decades, and just process it as a vote once it comes back. Also, what an archaic solution, considering the tech advancements available.

This should be done online. For example, I had to register to sign up for the Global Entry program, and I had to jump through several hoops to sign on to login.gov which is basically a fed government portal to access govnmt services. You can't tell me that this would not be better than a mail ballot if you add enough checks to verify identity.

• Terry
    Terry

POLITICS IS DEAD.
    Over. Finished.
    What we have been observing for four years is Science-Fiction mixed with horror.

Trump is "the thing that will not die" and even a science fiction writer couldn't plot all the manifold efforts to destroy him hourly.

It's not even mildly entertaining. Roger Corman is probably producing this for American International pictures. Daily the Media hurl their feces like spooked chimps. Nothing stops the orange behemoth. The very "BEST" either party has given the American Public is two aging white men in an era that wants a black James Bond as a female, adores Wonder Woman and Black Panther, and what do we get instead? White bread with mold. POLITICS (as I said at the top) is DEAD. Every argument back or forth is pointless because NOBODY is going to change their mind. NOBODY.
  • minimus
    minimus

Independents often do not make up their minds until they get all the facts. Being a Democrat or Republican doesn’t factor in to a decision. People’s minds can be changed if something is so extreme that they decide they cannot vote for this person or this position.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Maybe the American public like their Presidents immoral, corrupt and slightly stupid, I guess will find out Nov. 3. ?

I still think Biden (D) will edge out Trump (R) this round.

Unfortunately this election will be more about who the public doesn't want in office rather about proposed policies and thats kind of sad in itself.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Maybe the American public like their Presidents immoral, corrupt and slightly stupid,

Like it or not, that's mostly what they've elected for decades -- particularly the immoral & corrupt. Not sure I would go so far as to tag any with "stupid". Maybe Jimmy Carter? Or was he just a shitty politician?

In recent decades, nearly all US presidents were millionaires (Kennedy, Reagan, Bush 41 & 43) except Clinton and Obama. (Of course even they are millionaires now!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit