What is the purpose of life?

by slimboyfat 583 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    I watched the video from Count Von Sheen, I mean Bishop Sheen. I'm trying hard to ignore the fact he reminds me of a creepy master of the house vampire just before he sucks your blood after the sun goes down.

LOL!

I think he would laugh at your description too!

Bishop Sheen is considered to be the first televangelist.

But he was the opposite of a vampire. He was a very kind and intelligent man. Sadly he was victim of jealousy by his superior Cardinal, but never tried to use his "celebrity" status to start a civil war with his Cardinal. If you read about this sad internal problem I'm sure you will change your mind about him being an evil vampire.

https://youtu.be/-U3g1TzXgxM

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    What is an "atheist scenario"?

Sorry for my broken and clunky English. I don't speak English on a daily basis. I think " atheistic scenario" would be the correct form.

Anyway I meant a description of what could happen without considering the existence of God.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Anyway I meant a description of what could happen without considering the existence of God.

I get up, go to work, have friends, make dinner, watch movies just like everyone else. And I get called evil.

• DJS
    DJS

JM,

I rest my case. One of these is a blood sucking vampire who sucks the life out of the unsuspecting innocents.

The other is a fictitious character in movie lore based on Vlad the Impaler, aka Dracula.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    I get up, go to work, have friends, make dinner, watch movies just like everyone else. And I get called evil.

Me too but I was talking about in the context of the problem of evil. Evil still have no known explanation even in an atheistic scenario.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    DJS
    I rest my case.

Me too. What more can I say to a person who judges others by their appearance and clothing?

Don't you know the concept of cultural clothing? This man man belongs to an ancient tradition from Middle East.

I just can imagine what you could call a Buddhist monk in his traditional clothing...

• DJS
    DJS

JM,

I'm joking. He seems a nice man.

• prologos
    prologos
    DJS: "-I'm joking. He seems a nice man.

I never listened, but he looks in picture way to stern, cold-eyed I would not like to have been one of his altar boys or his son/ daughter. If he had any children, at least he would have fulfilled one of the purposes of life.

• looter
    looter

You're lucky you are not my son, DJS, because you can use some discipline right about now. It is amazing the amount of times that I have to tell you that I'm not an elder. I'm a minor and I don't appreciate someone trying to make me out to be some old fart. If I were old like you say I am, I wouldn't be so driving to try to help you and others on this website with their faith in the true and holy God. As an adolescent, I feel that I have acquired more knowledge than you in my young life because I actually believe that the true God has made all of us. It is amazing how much you and others envy how much I know. So keep it coming, baby, I'm here to help.

• looter
    looter

How dare you mock God, Viviane! But I should have saw that coming because that seems to be all you do on here. You hate God so much that you say that he is weaker than a child. How can that be when he was the one who made the child? It's good that you know that you are evil so you can change. It starts with prayer and then wonderful acts to redeem yourself toward the Lord. I specifically suggest that you stop hating God and then maybe you'd be more happier but that is just my suggestion. You welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit