What is the purpose of life?

by slimboyfat 583 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    C1/Premise A: No other animal specie can conceive infinity.
    Better?

Not in the least. You're still making claims and conflating two conclusions without any reason to believe several of the claims are true.

Also, it's really, really bad logic.

So, no, it's NOT better.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Not in the least. You're still making claims and conflating two conclusions without any reason to believe several of the claims are true.
    Also, it's really, really bad logic.
    So, no, it's NOT better.

So you say my premise is false?

So tell what non human animal can conceive infinity.

Maybe a snake?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    So tell what non human animal can conceive infinity.
    Maybe a snake?

Maybe. I dunno. Show me evidence that no other animal besides humans can't and I'll grant your premise.

Difficulty: Must include pre-souled homonids.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Show me evidence that no other animal besides humans can't and I'll grant your premise.

Behaviorism.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Behaviorism.

All your work is ahead of you, as usual. Using words you don't understand doesn't constitute an argument.

• looter
    looter

Beautiful, the positivist tells me I'm dishonest again when she evidently thinks nothing of God and because of that feels in the right to call others crazy. Viviane you are definitely a positivist because you clearly don't have the ability to think without that preconceived science philosophy. That makes sense because despite disagreeing with those who believe in the Lord such as myself, you can't even respect our beliefs even though you think it's wrong. What's worse is that other users promote that contempt along with you. That is what's truly "nutters". But this is the internet afterall, full of rudeness, so what should I expect? May God be with us all.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

What is the purpose of life?

The purpose of life is to reproduce; sociobiology 101. Anything else is to keep us entertained in the meantime.

• Landy
    Landy
    May God be with us all.

Which one?

Just checking as there's a fair few of them to choose from?

• Landy
    Landy
    The purpose of life is to reproduce; sociobiology 101. Anything else is to keep us entertained

The reproducing part can be quite entertaining in itself.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

slimboyfat

2. God is both almighty and loving but the human mind is not equipped to understand how this is possible in a world with suffering.

Can anyone tell me any logical reason why the first must be true and the second cannot be true?

I think it may have been answered on cofty's thread

The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

I will reread it later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit