Why do people follow demonstrably False Prophets?

by WireRider 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Another reason why people may ''cling'' to false prophets is that of a ''Stockholm syndrome'' like situation. After believing in something for decades and decades, you have to, YOU HAVE to!!! You have no choice but other to agree and believe in something no matter how out of whack it seems, because in a way the human mind cannot accept harsh reality, because the Truth about something can be totally devastating!!

People sometimes have to rely on people who mentally abuse or mentally manipulate them!!

• wizzstick
    wizzstick
    But your grand children won't...

Our grandkids won't worry about religion, anymore that the growing number of young people today do. In the West in particular, it is in the dustbin of history.

It doesn't matter who you are, human beings love rituals.

Yes they do. Going to the shopping mall, the restaurants, bowling, movies and so on. Without any need for the sky fairy nonsense that goes with some rituals.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I'm thinking that people can't live without being what told to do or can't live without wanting to belong to something.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Beth Sarim - "the '80's is where music peaked!"

Data-Dog - "I LOVE THE 80's!!!"

This song, for me, encapsulates the 80s more than any other...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPKUUfVdFTY

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Depeche Mode, Billy Idol, Flying SeaGulls, Tommy Two Tone.... goes on and on,lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit