Why do people follow demonstrably False Prophets?

by WireRider 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WireRider
    WireRider

Very very untrue, The Bible does not teach hate, control, brainwashing, and a world owned by a few humans - lying about God for personal control and cash. I find the comparison offensive.

• kaik
    kaik

Very very untrue, The Bible does not teach hate, control, brainwashing, and a world owned by a few humans - lying about God for personal control and cash. I find the comparison offensive.

Of course it does. It is a book of full hate, misogyny, homophobia, endorsing slavery, war, persecutions of others.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Is Armageddon coming WireRider? Is it real?
  • WireRider
    WireRider

And there you go = 2015 Watchtower

I guess when I speak I usually speak of modern day Christianity, and not so much Biblical written word. Modern culture does bring forward a base in foundation of the Bible, but in conventional ways.

I do still take issue with false prophets as a clear, and very simple, definition.

If you lied - you lied. If you claim to speak to God, and for God, you lied.

Why do people still believe anything the they say?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Like I said, for the same reason people believe what the Bible says. If you put faith before reason you can believe anything and anyone.

• WireRider
    WireRider
    nicolaou: I believe there are things beyond our understanding. There are things beyond everyone's understanding.
  • WireRider
    WireRider

What I do know is that no one in the Watchtower or the Jehovah's Witness has EVER spoken with God about anything.

I'm sure if God stopped by recently we would see a much different world.

They lie about everything.

• kaik
    kaik

just shut up WireRider. I am far off from WT of 2015 and I left that organization 22 years ago. Everyone who is on this board for a long time and encountered my posts knows that I am the most sympathetic to Judaism due my marriage to Orthodox Jew. I absolutely do not care about your Christian nonsense, I do not believe in NT as holy book, and I will oppose you proselyte me for your faith. Try as an ordain minister -you claimed- to talk your Christian BS with any well educated rabbi, and you will lose because Christian beliefs do not have solid foundation based on the Bible they stole from Jews.

The issue with you Christians is very simple. Believe whatever you want, but keep your faith to yourself. I have not seen any Jew attempting to convert outsiders to their religion. In 18 years of my marriage, not single Jew demanded me to proselyte to their faith. It is obvious that you do not understand anything about ex-JW board, and you have no clue that majority of us who came from WT are not interested joining another crazy Christian religion.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi kaik,

Of course it does. It is a book of full hate, misogyny, homophobia, endorsing slavery, war, persecutions of others.

Well that is very much the theme of the Old Testament. And don't forget genocide which also features from time to time. Then the story of Jesus comes along which says forget all that with the turning of the other cheek and the golden rule and so on. God either has multiple personality disorder or he has one wicked sense of humor.

Wirerider,

In answer nicolaou wrote,

Like I said, for the same reason people believe what the Bible says. If you put faith before reason you can believe anything and anyone.

The Bible has such divergent narratives, conflicting principles and fantastic myths that anyone can basically construct any religion they want to. Be it conservative, prophetic, heretical. millennialist or any other school of thought. For example here's an interesting read: The Yoga of Jesus - Understanding the hidden teachings of the gospels. Or how about: www.jesuswasaspacealien.com

One could dismiss these as mental fertilizer, but what makes one school of thought better than another?

The believer already has to suspend their critical thinking to a large extent to accommodate the fantastic yarns found within the Bible's pages, so all that one ends up doing is arguing the matter of degree and personal taste.

• WireRider
    WireRider
    just shut up WireRider.

I lost track. I am not Jewish. I am not anti Jewish at all. I am not referencing the OT. I was talking about issues with those incorrectly forcing wrong interpretations of the NT. I don't like liers.

Why are you hear if you hate Christians? Or those otherwise falsely claim to be Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit