Why do people follow demonstrably False Prophets?

by WireRider 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

WireRider - you got off very lightly when your J.W. girl ended it. Be very grateful, because she did you both a big favour!

As for your principal question, Simon's server wouldn't have enough capacity for all the possible reasons.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Wire rider, sticking purely to the rationale of your OP, I agree with you.

Why the hell should anyone believe the Watchtower when its raison d'etre was to predict the end of the world by 1914. Every subsequent attempt at postponement has pathetically failed. With such a track record; why should anybody believe anything the WTBTS has to say? They don't deserve a second glance.

• KateWild
    KateWild

WireRider,

Most of us are here for support or to give support in JW related issues. You have the answers why JWs believe in WT lies.

It's a cult and they are indoctrinated.

A lot of us here have woken up from this indoctrination and struggling to rebuild our lives from scratch.

Kate xx

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I am the most sympathetic to Judaism due my marriage to Orthodox Jew. I absolutely do not care about your Christian nonsense

You can't have your kaik and eat it too. Judaism is founded on nonsensical myths in just the same way as Christianity.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hate to see the injustice of false religion force down the throats of those who do not accept it.

ALL religion is a man made construct and therefore a crock of shit!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Agreed cantleave, there's no such thing as false religion or true religion, just religion.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    ALL religion is a man made construct and therefore a crock of shit!

which was followed up with

Agreed cantleave, there's no such thing as false religion or true religion, just religion.

That religion is a human invention is correct. That its all a crock of shit just because its a human invention I disagree with. For example: Laveyan satanism.

In the 21st century humans will further invent new religions based upon secularist ideas.

You can already see this germinating in the writings of Sam Harris for example.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Sam Harris is inventing a new religion? It's so cute that you think that. Please elucidate; what teachings of Guru Sam require my faith to accept?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Sam Harris is inventing a new religion?

Well that didn't take long to misconstrue. I wrote: "You can already see this germinating..." I did not write invent...

http://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/mindfulness-meditation

Also see - Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion - Sam Harris

Let me further rustle your jimmies nicolaou.

In the 21st century you are of a generation of secularists that will rally and rail against any form of spiritual/religious idea. And just like every generation that thinks the new generations music and culture is crap, you will be stoic and curmudgeony about secular religion. But your grand children won't...

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

JWs are stuck in under duress.

now, back to watching grown-ass adults debate, "which is better; DC or Marvel?"

oops--wait, my bad. They're all debating SOMETHING make believe anyway.

(i find it hilarious how kaik won't put the "o" in "god." LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I'm calling that out as the dumbest thing I've seen all weekend. Watch: God. God god god. GOD! Oh no, is he gonna smite me now? Lol!!!!!!... that's so stupid!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit