by Hecce 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Hecce '...The WT is not to be trusted...'

Hear, hear.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

NK

Barry Birtles not a name I hear from Liverpool area, not on assembly as far as I can recall, he sounds more like a music Hall act "......and next for you the amazing Barry Big Boy Birtles,...be amazed as he makes your money disappear! " Will ask around here for any info

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Hans Hubler ! I just gotta ask myself why it took them so long to remove him. Jack the women hater Teasey. That was the nick name he was given, and I guess it kinds of sums him up. Needless to say he never married.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hecce remember that some of the sisters in the circuit work were suffering with breast cancer. It seems that the frequency was higher that normal.

That's a really interesting observation, Hecce. I believe nuns have an unusually high incidence of breast cancer, too. There are certain life choices that are associated with lower rates of breast cancer and having children is one of them, with +3 showing markedly reduced risk of developing the disease. That would *seem* to be the link between nuns and your empirical observation of high breast cancer rates in circuit wives - no kids. But I wonder if their are other, similar, stressors that apply to both sets of women who give their lives over to a religion that values them less for being women, yet prevents them from fulfilling the very reproductive power for which religion maligns women.

Just a thought😀

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Diogenesister

Thanks for the input, might not be a coincidence.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HECCE:

Thanks for updating us on the former COs and letting us know that life in the "real" world of working people doesn't agree with them.

Yes, it is tough living in the real world and earning a living. I might have more compassion for these former COs, ex-bethelites and the like if they were different people. Unfortunately, people like this made stupid and cruel remarks about people who worked full-time jobs! I'll never forget it.

For their arrogance and folly, they deserve to know what it is like to live like the working people they have scorned and referred to as "not spiritual"..I wish them the best of luck.... This is a more generous sentiment than I ever would have gotten from any of them!

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

One really good pair stands out in my mind...Bill and Joan Ooley, back in the 70s. As a teenager I wondered where in the world they came from...they seemed too cool to be dubs. I think they got out and I don't know what happened to them.

• Listener
    Listener

When I as about 17 the CO partnered up with me in the field service for the first time. It lasted for about 15 minutes and he was asking what plans I had for the future, naturally he encouraged me to go pioneering. I was not impressed for two reasons.

The first being that he bothered to talk to me, not out of personal interest but to push the orgs. agenda. Secondly, it was depressing. I had been given no encouragement or direction from my father to do anything constructive with my future by way of education or employment, so when the CO was discussing it with me I felt trapped. I can understand the frustration of young ones.

• Saename
    Saename

That's interesting. Every elder and CO I knew was very kind, albeit gullible also. I guess I was lucky.

But they would still shun anyone who got disfellowshipped, etc...

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Saename

You were very, very lucky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit