Your feelings for the former travelling overseers

by Hecce 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce

During our WT life we met a good number of friends involved in the Circuit and District work. I am sure that we share the same experience and that we remember fondly some that we caring, loving and generally interested in the brothers. At the same time we might remember others that were arrogant, selfish, abusive and oppressive. Now that their jobs have been abruptly taken away, the majority of them are undergoing a harsh adjustment to the realities of their new life and some are really struggling to adapt.

When I think about them I feel sorry for the ones that were sincere and honest about their service, no matter what we are told there is no way that people can have their life expectations changed on such a short notice without suffering a serious life shock. I know that plenty are depressed thinking about their present conditions and the life opportunities that were lost.

On the other hand if I think about the “bad” apples a certain degree of satisfaction comes over me, thinking that they are getting what they deserve and that it was about time for them to be put in their places.

One reality is that those individuals were living a life of privilege and adulation and that their life was based on a lie that has been exposed by their spiritual leaders. So in essence all of them to a certain degree are getting what they deserve.

With regards to the master puppeteers, the WT the actions taken with this group reflect treachery and a high disregard for the people associated with them.

These are my ramblings and I invite you to share yours.

Thanks

• freddo
    freddo

The only one I found to be a really "good egg" actually came off the circuit due to health issues in his late 70's a year or two before the "kick 'em out at age 70" and "no more D.O.'s" changes in 2014.

Most of the others were "nondescript predictable watchtower chanting drones"with unpleasant, unhelpful and petty demeanours.

One from a few visits back was an arrogant "look at me" self important bastard and he was taken off at age 70 on the last switch in 2015. Good riddance to him and his stuck up wife and I hope that the congregation he's gone to as "just another elder nobody" has a body of elders that bring him down a peg or two.

Good riddance to him.

Did I show a little too much emotion there?

• Hecce
    Hecce

freddo

I remember kindly a few ones, now one thing that I have to admit the bad ones were really, really "bad".

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    In the entire 32yrs - Jim & Jan Tate. Pfft to the rest.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    * tried to edit - duh! Wanted to say, felt comfortable with.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

ALL COs are nothing more than paid clergy, working to advance the interests of the WTBTS, while fully enjoying and some demanding worship from the congs.

It's wonderful to see many of them now be among us mere worker bees, working to support ourselves, and living the real life here in the 'world'. It's very easy to demand perfection and for things to be done a certain way while only having to deal with JWs 100% and have everything paid for plus a monthly paycheck and lots of 'green handshakes' every week from the 'men worshippers.

I hear quite a few of them are not faring very well after being placed down from their pedestal. Good!!!

There's this particular jerk in the Spanish Circuit, many years ago up North, Rene Ramirez; he was quite the elitist, only the best for him, always finding a way in his talks to correct how we spoke the Spanish language and how we behaved with one another, refusing to shake hands to avoid illness (he was a closeted germaphobe, is my belief). He was demeaning, condescending, rude. Once mature, I clearly understood why his JW wife just left him and then later on returned to being a JW; who could put up with such perfectionist asshole?! Last I heard, also years ago, he had moved to California, changed his name and might not even be a JW anymore. That one sure was hated by many a body of elders during that time.

There are other gems now in the Spanish Circuit down here in Southeast Florida: One a dictator, the other one a closeted homo, both with stepford wives whom surely by this time know who they married and feel somewhat ashamed for them as they can see the other JWs know... ohhh, we sure know.

COs... our 'paid clergy'. No love or respect here for them.

DY

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    out of all the ones I ever met over the years one or two I can say were ok, and thats it just ok, Danny Owens was a mild decent guy and David Carter DO was funny because he was a very charismatic speaker, the rest were jumped up, hypochondriacal,pompous, judgemental and generally just a pain in the butt, even the elders hated them. No melancholic reminiscing from me. What do you call a 100 CO's at the bottom of the sea? a start
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

From my reading of many posts over the years, it appears that the higher up you went in the organization the more you were exposed to the scheming, cover ups and manipulations, therefore anyone that high up undoubtedly knew there were hugh problems in the organization, but chose to say nothing, instead contributing to the lies and cover-ups, simply to maintain their status in the organization. How many were unfairly disfellowshipped on their watch? How much child sexual abuse did they cover up? How much were they aware of the suicide risks? What lies did they knowingly tell?

So, no, I do not feel sorry for them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I found that growing up, in the old days 60's and 70's the COs could be very nice men. In later years 08' onward, a good 99% of them were arrogant, scrounging, self serving, company men pigs.

The arrogance and hubris filters down from those in control. Judge the GB by the vileness of the scum they send out to the congregations.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    punky! "scrounging" LOL I've never heard that before

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit