Your feelings for the former travelling overseers

by Hecce 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce
    LongHairGal

Many, many friends are seeing the light; as a reality they don't have that much room to be generous, they are barely surviving.
  • Hecce
    Hecce

I bump this to comment that from what I am hearing the EX COs are having a tough time adjusting to a normal life, the ones that I have heard about are miserable with the loss of their privileged status.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Duplicate

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Here in the UK, I remember a CO by the name of Barry Birtles. He and his wife were both devoid of any emotional intelligence, and were cold fish. He was an extremely didactic teacher and came across as quite conceated. I understand that he took his forced retirement very badly at the time. He was retired to Liverpool as a special pioneer. I don't know if he still fulfills that role bearing in mind WT's reduction in number of such appointments. His demeanour was really quite exceptional - can't over state that. Most would not want to come across an individual who is so self absorbed ever again. Pity those poor sods up in Liverpool. Not one ounce of pity for such a cold, conceited, arrogant man.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I never knew any of them well enough to judge. They were figureheads who dropped in every once in a while and moved on.

With pity, I remember how the bros and sis would flutter around them as though they were celebrities. They would go way overboard to impress them--rehearsing their d2d presentations, making the perfect recipes for their lunches, using their best china, etc. They got so excited about it.

The bros and sis would hang on every word they said. For weeks afterwards, there would be retellings of what the CO or his wife said at the door or during dinner--every tiniest exchange would be analyzed and repeated.

Everyone would talk about their special recipes and whether the couple ate much of it. This info would be noted for next time, so their favorite meals could be provided.

I remember one CO said we can count our time while driving to the KH for the service meeting, and while taking multiple breaks in FS, "because Jehovah is kinder than human employers who don't give paid breaks". And then our tallies improved for years, because we were counting more time for FS even though we were sitting at Dunkin Donuts for our 2nd break of the morning (followed by lunch and a few afternoon breaks).

Wait a minute, if FS is so joyful and important...why do we need so many breaks...

Of course, official doctrine is they have no human leaders and do not follow personalities. Not true IRL.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

freddo '... Good riddance to him and his stuck up wife and I hope that the congregation he's gone to as "just another elder nobody" has a body of elders that bring him down a peg or two..'

Or three.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

NK '...Pity those poor sods up in Liverpool. Not one ounce of pity for such a cold, conceited, arrogant man...'

Hear, hear.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

rebel8 '...sitting at Dunkin Donuts for our 2nd break of the morning...'

Hear, hear.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

smiddy '... they can whistle dixie and drift off into the sunse...'

Hear, hear.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Doubtfully Yours '...I concur with your opinion of Rene Ramirez, maybe the worse that I have ever seen; maybe a little bit "loco". He changed his name to some weird name, the last that I heard from him he was retired prior to the big change; went to Puerto Rico or Costa Rica and I heard that he was asking the friends for some help with relocation money...'

Perhaps he could use Lett's amazing reasoning. ' The money I have going out is greater than the money I have coming in, at this time.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit