Your feelings for the former travelling overseers

by Hecce 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

With zero Holy Spirit leading the WTBTS, you will get a mixed bag of COs. Like BOEs, you have good and bad individuals.

Ultimately, it's all more bad than good, because a few nice personalities will never offset the pseudo-spiritual corporate structure of the WTBTS. The best case scenario is that you get a decent guy who visits every 6 months. Visiting one week, every 6 months, is not enough to make any real impact. Then if the CO is nice, he's moved after a couple of years.

The WTBTS doesn't seem to want any real connection to be made between the sheeple and the CO. They just want the sheeple to have a slightly warm and fuzzy feeling every so often, but they don't want human connections made.

Just imagine if a nice CO could actually be trusted with real feelings about the corruption in the WTBTS. The WTBTS went to great lengths to go corporate, they do not want to go back to the days of independent congregations.

DD

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Doubtfully Yours

I concur with your opinion of Rene Ramirez, maybe the worse that I have ever seen; maybe a little bit "loco". He changed his name to some weird name, the last that I heard from him he was retired prior to the big change; went to Puerto Rico or Costa Rica and I heard that he was asking the friends for some help with relocation money.

Thanks
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I literally have no feelings for COs, DOs.

I didn't know many, and I knew none well.

Never mind ...

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Most were your typical big fish in a microscopic pond. They would have amounted to "below average" in the real world.

There was one CO that stood out in my JW career. He was Lebanese (Had served in Lebanon during much unrest) and was truly just a slave for the society. He and his wife pulled a 6 ft camper that they lived in. It did not even have a bed, just 2 benches for the table. Those benches, with 1 inch green cushions, were the master bedroom suite (and this couple was not young). Whatever money the brothers gave him during the week, he would take that amount off of his weekly congregation expenses. He would never, ever take gas money even though he always drove. He had little personality, just a desire to serve his god in the only way he knew how.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I hear a lot of negativity concerning the COs and somehow, I personally feel just the opposite. Most of these people have made great deal of sacrifices for the WT believing they are doing the right thing.

• Most of them live constantly on the road with minimal possessions.
    • They officially have as many holidays as the béthelite, which is less than most of the working populations in developed countries.
    • For the brother, most of the meetings, he has to give a talk… he can’t just sit back and enjoy his program.
    • They have to deal with a great deal of people who are emotionally unhinged.
    • The time they spend with their friends, family and personal past time is greatly limited.
    • Most of them don’t have kids; they gave that up for the WT.
    • They have no social security: If one of them falls sick, they won’t be looked after for too long by the WT and they know this.
    • They constantly have to visit people over lunch and supers
    • Not enough money to put aside for anything. Vow of poverty.

Considering the above, I was always amazed at the amount of faith (or should I say, delusion) necessary for these couples to keep doing what they were with a smile on their face.

Bad COs? I’ve seen some who annoyed me, however, considering the above, not enough to characterize them as bad people.

If I find anything to complain about, it is at the WT, which I feel, lacks respect in the way they are using these devoted people.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The good ones were moderate, and had feelings for the fellowship.

But boy the bad ones were really bad, rule mongers, dictators and even tyrants.

See my past rants about the worst CO ever, Jack Thomas.

Corrupt, bullying, POS.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    was Jack Thomas in the UK Pistoff?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

PUNK: I found that growing up, in the old days 60's and 70's the COs could be very nice men. In later years 08' onward, a good 99% of them were arrogant, scrounging, self serving, company men pigs.

Punk's comment is right on with my thoughts about former COs/DOs. I recall the majority of them from years ago being grandfatherly figures who had some experience and compassion. So too when we had our young children some 25 years ago, but in more recent times the COs have all been young, self-righteous "company men" who are there to protect the assets of the WTS far more than anything they do in behalf of the R&F JW.

Doc

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Sorry, but a paid "clergy class" (which is what they are) in the Jehovah's Witness religion is simply UNSUSTAINABLE!

All the more so since the Witnesses have discouraged their members from getting a college education, having a career and even criticizing members who have full-time jobs!

Whether these overseers were nice or not is not the point:.. the fact is they were being supported.

As if that were not enough, the Witness religion has others looking to "get into the act" of getting handouts, namely, Pioneers and other rank & file who live on the edge. This WHOLE mentality is unrealistic and unsustainable.

In a Protestant religion there is a minister who is supported by the congregation. In the Witness religion, they ALL think they are "ministers", and as such, imagine they are entitled to handouts...Ridiculous!!!

As somebody who was considered "unspiritual" because I had a full-time job, I would NEVER give money to any of these people.

So, if these former overseers are having a hard time adjusting to the REAL world, they have my condolences. But, the system in that religion could not last forever!!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Trust me Renee Ramirez would be a novice compared to Hans Hubler. That guy was the king of A/hole. From the platform during the assembly he would give orders to remove sisters with crying babies.He was notoriously known for it, and was there on one occasion to witness it. The guy was just so obnoxious and poisonous I'm surprised even Wt put up with his antics for as long as they did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit