If You Had The Choice To Live Anywhere In The World or Any State Where Would You Be?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki

Amalfi coast Italy.....but I'd need to learn the language and have the money for a villa. But I want a yacht....and go from the Caribbean to Maine seasonally...and have the villa in the tropical island and an old stately coastal mansion up in Maine.....

Or perhaps the Greek islands....they are exquisite.

Nowhere near a tectonic fault...and the downside of the Caribbean is hurricane potential. For earthquake issues California and Chile are out. Atlantic coast....midway is good .....short mild winters.... And the cost of living is the basic issue.....so until I come into my billions I'll be staying put.

• fulano
    fulano

The best in the world :

Corfu

Tenerife

Algarve

Cities: Genève, Rome.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

If I could get my husband to move, I would retire to the Algarve region of Portugal near the border of Spain. Love the stunning beaches, beautiful sailing nearly all year, the Mediterranean diet, the culture and the rich history of the country together with the warm and welcoming people. The medical care is first rate and affordable. Portugal has many programs in place to draw retirees.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Cornwall. Can’t beat it. Padstow and trebethric. Polzeath beach*

The Isles of Scilley.

Italy is gorgeous.

I love Bordeaux, too. Place called Lacanau . South of France, too, of course. I speak some French so I know I’d pick it up again pretty quickly.

Never been to the States but Oregon looks nice. The Rockies, Washington State? New England looks nice too. I’ve always wanted to visit New England because of Johnathan Richmond lol.Id also like to check out Vermont and Maine They look lovely, summer and winter.

But if I could live anywhere, and I was rich, I’d probably move to Switzerland. And in the summer I’d just live on a boat. Nothing like messing about in the water.

*since the bloody royals started going there, David Cameron et al it’s gone downhill though.

• RolRod
    RolRod

I want a cabin in the woods somewhere in Alaska … as far away from people as possible.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

California is a huge state with some awesome weather and cool places to visit. Maybe the best place in the world would be somewhere in Italy.

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

Back home in Mass.....but minus the taxes. lol

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Biahi, I was watching something the other day about a woman who left a cult called the Quiverfull, that she grew up in, and she said the Duggars are members.

Here is the video if your interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQy4LGUQRg

• jp1692
    jp1692

I’m fond of Carmel by the Sea on the California coast.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I am enjoying SE Tennessee along the river, the Cumberland plateau and Appalachian Mountains and near the edge of the Smokey Mountains.

Nantahala and Ocoee white water rivers, and the heart of the Smokeys are about 3-4 hours way.

Some stunning scenery all over the place.

Plenty of outdoor sports here. Mild winters. Reasonable cost of living. The people are very friendly.

Close to Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville and Birmingham. A little more then 7 hours to the northern gulf beaches.

I came close to buying this house on the side of Signal Mtn and making it into a air B&B. I was selling for about $120k. I kinda wish I had. https://i.pinimg.com/236x/84/6c/ae/846caef821e8a71aa30f6aa72b6ad644--unusual-buildings-unusual-houses.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit