If You Had The Choice To Live Anywhere In The World or Any State Where Would You Be?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• caves
    caves

@Rolrod-I want a cabin in the woods somewhere in Alaska … as far away from people as possible.

That's exactly what I wanted and almost achieved. Its not hard to get that set up going. Alaska still has homesteading, 40 acres per person. Make an improvement every year for 7 years and its yours. Which could be as much as putting another section of fence up or hanging a clothes line.ect.

You have to live there for year before your eligible. After that year you also get PFD.(Dividends from oil) It was around 3,000 a year when I was looking but now its around 1,600 a year.

Where I was headed to could be accessed by train (sort of) or by air. Train if your willing to hike half a day into your land carrying your supplies. At that time I had a couple of friends with their own planes that were friends with each other wiling to fly in supplies every 4- to 5 months. I chose The lower 48 mountains instead.

Well talking about this perked me up some this morning. Sorta dragging but cabin and woods talk. That gets my blood pumping.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Where are all of the Aussies to put their 2 cents worth in here ? Jeez guys where are you ? Lakes Entrance Victoria

Tweed heads ,QLD / NSW border and Maroochydore QLD. I live in L .E. and have hoildayed at those other places.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit