If You Had The Choice To Live Anywhere In The World or Any State Where Would You Be?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If You Had The Choice To Live Anywhere In The World

Probably Canada but without the loony left laws like in Europe.....one of the things I'd like to escape from. The left is eating itself and taking everyone with them.

or Any State Where Would You Be?

Drunken state and in a brothel.

• minimus
    minimus

Canadians are basically nice people. You never hear how Canada is warring with another nation. They pretty much mind their business.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Min - Canadians are basically nice people.

This has been my experience each time I visit. They don't quite get British humour though. I found that the old British banter seemed to frighten them.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I almost moved to Niceville, fla being close to the gulf but instead moved to central florida to be near either coast. Real estate is affordable and not too many kingdom halls to annoy the general population. Lived in Hawaii when it was affordable, the weather was awesome but health care is shoddy. No poison ivy or snakes there but a lot of centipedes and frequent earthquakes, minor ones, to remind you there is a volcano close by. Hilo would not be too bad or maybe Pahoa area, naw too rainy and only one road out.

• minimus
    minimus

It will be in the 50s for temperature around here. Last week it was so frigid you couldn’t even feel your fingers!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I was born and raised in Pennsylvania, but have been living in Ohio for most of the last 14 years. Ohio is not that bad if you have a decent job. You could live comfortably and the politics are sensible (not too far left or right). You typically don't have to worry about hurricanes, wild fires, volcanos, earthquakes or tsunamis. The weather can be brutal in the winter, especially along Lake Erie.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind having a house on the Chesapeake Bay somewhere between the Potomac and York Rivers in Virginia. But I can't afford it lol.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Given the choice, I would spend half the year living in the Tamar Valley of northern Tasmania, and the winter months on the Fraser Coast of Queensland.

(Yeah, all-right, I know I want it both ways. But then again, dreams cost nothing!).

Ted.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

We are seriously considering a move out of crazy expensive, crazy California since retirement. Someplace within an hour of an international airport. Just a cheap small home we can just lockup for a month or more, and travel to more expensive or interesting places. Arizona? Nevada? New Mexico? Tennessee?

• jesscd
    jesscd

I am a New England girl. Pretty much have it all here. Close to big and small cities, the beach, the mountains. Four seasons to keep it interesting. Anywhere else, probably France or Italy because I would have the same options and they both have great food.

• karter
    karter

I live in the north island of new Zealand I've traveled extensively and wouldn't live anywhere else. Karter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit