Was There ANYTHING Positive That You Experienced Because of Being a JW?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Public speaking. I really got off on it. I think I'm a frustrated actor. I got an incredible buzz standing in front of 100 or so people and being able to hold them entranced with just a simple pause or a slight vocal inflection. I gave my first public talk at 17. It's so weird, I'll feel shy in one to one conversation yet able to perform in front of an audience. Even now in my advanced years I'm still asked to perform best man duties. I just love it. My audiences do too. Maybe I'm just an attention seeking egotist...

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Well,my family will never fall for that ''CARROT'' from anyone else. 33 years a Watchtower Slave. Never again will we fall for the carrot in any shape or form from anywhere. There is no free lunch. I sat and ate with the Governing Body members and thought I had a seat with them. what a powerful "CARROT". Even Bugs Bunny would turn down that rotten carrot.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I've become more environmental-friendly by using only one towel in restaurants and public places.

Rub a Dub

• longgone
    longgone

I learned that when some part of my heart and mind feels something is just plain wrong, it's time to get out.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Add to my previous post I also learnt the difference between true friendships , aquaintances , and false friends.

Their are POSITIVELY no true friendships in the JW religion.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was baptized in 1979. ~ A Watcher

If you're still 'IN", I'd say you're a bit of a slow learner.

Doc

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I'm sure there was something positive. But right now, I can't think of anything. Every time I try, I think of all of the negative things.

• Giordano
    Giordano

There's always something positive one could experience as a JW but the criminal conduct of the WTBTS overshadowed it.

As Eric Hoffer said in his book The True Believer:

A MASS MOVEMENT CAN BE RECKLESS WITH THE HEATH, WELFARE AND EDUCATION OF IT’S FOLLOWERS.

The WTBTS was reckless with the health of its followers. No Vaccines in the twenties and 30's How many died because they did not get vaccinated?
    Then after 1945 the Society found out that they couldn't send missionaries to Europe without being vaccinated and that policy changed in a hurry.

Then the Ban on Blood became a DF offense? How many died? They were coerced to accept a needless death. Thousands ...tens of thousands? All because they thought a transfusion was eating blood.

Transplants banned for a decade. How many died? How many suffered needlessly? Ban lifted......... it wasn't cannibalism. Did the WT inform it's members not directly.

Lack of Education........ how many followers discouraged to get higher learning? Have better jobs be able to afford decent health care?

Honest mistakes or Reckless and criminal behavior?

What's criminal?

Hiding pedophiles from the community.

Coercing believers to shun DF and DA ones by shunning them if they don't.
    Coercing a person is a criminal act.

Lying under oath trying to protect their corporation.

Compelling the individual congregations to turn over the ownership to the Society. Many of these Halls were debt free.

On Balance those of us that got our ego's stroked in no way off set the needless deaths, bad health, mental issues, the torture of shunning family and close friends.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

for some reason they would sometimes serve wine and crackers at some meetings...

• Perry
    Perry

Learning to sell false religion door to door starting at age 5 in the #1 Christian country in the world helped me to make friends with rejection.

Once I master this, I found that I could outsell most others that never were afforded this excellent rejection-sensitivity-training.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit