Was There ANYTHING Positive That You Experienced Because of Being a JW?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Was there anything positive about your Jehovah's Witness experience?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    1. Even though it was bogus, I was taught the value of volunteering
    2. I learned to speak in public even though I didn't want to
    3. I met a lot of people some I would consider really amazing people, most others not so much
  • a watcher
    a watcher

Absolutely yes.

I have thriving relationships with Jehovah and Jesus. I have hope for the future. I have several super close friends in my congregation. Jehovah answers my prayers, almost always in the affirmative.

• minimus
    minimus

A watcher how long have you been a Witness??

• minimus
    minimus

I think that my Witness years made me able to easily spot bullshit. When you realize how silly the man made rules are, you start being able to spot BS rather easily.

• a watcher
    a watcher

minimus, I was baptized in 1979.

• just fine
    just fine

I would say leaving it had made me stronger, more resilient. I don't put up with shit. it has helped me be very much aware of when people are manipulating me or a situation. I have learned to evaluate things presented to me as facts, to see if they really hold true. I learned that people will only treat you as poorly as you allow them to. I am confident in my decisions and abilities. None of that came from being a Witness, it all came from leaving 😀

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have learned how to be skeptical of everyone/everything, how to research instead of accepting what I hear/read.

• freddo
    freddo

I didn't take up smoking or drugs. And I have no desire to now.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I think no matter what bad experience you have in life, you need to recognize the aspects that made you a better person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit