Was There ANYTHING Positive That You Experienced Because of Being a JW?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

The ability to tolerate 5 hours of boredom weekly.

• atomant
    atomant

lt taught me what life would be like in a jail.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I honestly can't think of anything positive. Some have mentioned learning to speak in public. However, I don't think they really did learn in a good way; they learned the JW way, and I detest the JW style of public speaking with its forced gestures, etc.

a watcher: "Jehovah answers my prayers, almost always in the affirmative."

Would you please, then, put in a request for me? A year or two ago, I stumbled upon a video of some Asian place where raccoons are beaten with a stick and then skinned alive. I saw a skinned raccoon hung on a wire by its feet as it looked up at its skinless body - with muscle and sinew showing. It has scarred me for life. Would you ask your loving god to please put a stop to that?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Because the JW's are in reality a well organized sales and marketing organization, I learned all aspects of how to participate in and run one.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

John McCain could probably find something positive from his experience as a POW.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Children from abusive homes can often find something positive to look back upon but that doesn't negate the fact that although they had a roof over their heads, were fed and sent to school, they were still abused.

I attribute my good health and still youthful appearance to the clean lifestyle I lived and also due to the fact that I never got to do anything because I spent decades preparing for meetings assemblies and service, attending meetings, assemblies and service, coming home from meetings, assemblies and service and trying to recruit others to attend meetings, assembly and to eventually go in service.

Ships are safer when they're tied up in the harbor but that's not what ships were built for.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Most of the good things I learned were in the negative: Don't be cheap; leave a good tip. Don't shove in line - wait your turn. Don't criticize other peoples' physical appearance or comment on their clothing.

OH one good thing: 2nd Thess 4:11 - Mind your own business.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I said it before (to everyone's consternation) and I'll say it again:

Thanks to Jehovah I will never have kids. The vicious circle of life ends with me. Take that selfish genes!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I could also say I stopped smoking to become a member of the dangerous mind control cult that kept me from proper counseling for 20 years over a suicide attempt, drained me of my money, held me back years from proper career goals, got my thinking all messed up in logic fallacies, convinced me that as long as I spouted Watchtower teachings with enthusiasm and went out some hours every month in the recruiting work- that I should be an expert on counseling others despite the mess I was.

My point is that I am not a fan of giving credit to them for anything good. The price was too high.

• LV101
    LV101

NO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit