Was There ANYTHING Positive That You Experienced Because of Being a JW?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Frezia
    Frezia

Positive: i didn't get pregnant and become a single mother in my teens...

Negatives: i didn't get to have sex until well past my bloom of youth, when I finally agreed to trust someone enough to let them close/get married

Super negative: lost my faith, my father and got cancer in the same year...oh life can suck sometime :) ps did I mention that I probably will not get a chance to be a mother?

Sorry...probably missed the point about being positive, but currently struggling to see many positives from being raised as a jw:(

• midnight
    midnight

I learned not to trust anyone who tells you not to trust anyone that critisizes them

• Saename
    Saename

One of the Jehovah's Witnesses I knew in one of the congregations I attended invited me over to dinner every Saturday after service. It was a nice "tradition." He (let's call him Matt) said he thought of me as his younger brother. Even though he was 20–30 years older, we were quite close. It was probably because of our similar personalities. We both enjoyed learning, and we both had the same type of humor (everyone else, except for one other Jehovah's Witness (let's call him Ben) who was around 50 years older and who also was one of my closest friends―probably the closest despite the age difference―thought we were crazy.) Matt and I laughed all the time. And Ben? Hell, he acted like a 10-year-old (in a good way―he played jokes on everyone but never crossed the line) even though he was almost 70... If I ever loved any one of my friends, it was these two.

Needless to say, we don't talk anymore.

• Chook
    Chook

Understanding mental illnesses

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

view other races without prejudice

tolerant of the gays

patience

analytical reading

thinking skills

compassionate

empathy

merciful

making heads or tails of the Bible

enriched my life

made me a well rounded person and a better person.

among other things.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Nothing and no situation is all good or all bad.

The Spanish cong is full of fun, always some celebration or gathering. Very much enjoy the community.

I would miss that aspect.

Have tried socializing with different groups, at my work place, but their idea of a good time is very much not enjoyable to me: Too much alcohol, profanity, public sexual innuendos, smoking, yelling, offending each other, the ladies dressed very scantily.

Definitely, the mild-mannered JW ways of having fun is how I am happily accustomed.

DY

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In the Paradise book there is a special page over-printed with invisible ink that, if rubbed with crushed sumac berries, teaches the method of jelqing Adam used.

If I recall correctly.

Or maybe I just wanted to make a post with the word jelqing in it.

Don't judge me, bro.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit