Was There ANYTHING Positive That You Experienced Because of Being a JW?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Really interesting comments!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I learned the value of Brooklyn Heights' real estate. Purchase an apartment on Columbia Heights sold it several years later. Best investment ever.

• alanv
    alanv

I think I stayed so long because I really enjoyed the social part of the religion. I stayed in it long after I had doubts that it was the truth. In the end I could not live a lie any longer and I walked away from it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I learned how to shun and hate like a heartless b#stard.

• blondie
    blondie

No, that's like asking me because my father paid for food and water, a house, and clothing (under protest) that made up for the abuse at home.

Blondie

• Schnufti
    Schnufti

I met my husband because we both grew up as JWs. This and waking up was the best thing that could happen to me.

I don't regret being a JW. If I hadn't been a JW, I would take many things for granted and probably wouldn't be as happy as I am now that I've woken up. I feel relieved every day because:

• I never have to go to field service again.
    • No more panic of being outed as a JW in front of workmates. I have nothing to hide.
    • I can work on my career without any guilt.
    • I love my husband as the person he is. Before I was an awful wife because I felt like he wasn't good enough as he wasn't as spiritual as I wanted him to be.
    • If I got sick or had an accident, nothing would hold the doctors back to save my life. My hypochondria is gone.
    • I can spend cozy evenings at home - instead of entering a room crowded with people who judge you and ask if everything's okay if you don't put on a fake smile.

I don't know if this makes much sense, but that's my way to make the best out of it.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

My few years as a dub convinced me I'm atheist and have no interest in any religion. Made life a lot easier.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I think the life style of an average JW is not that bad at all. Nice people, clean house and garden, clothing. No drugs, smoking.

All the American way of living. A salesman family.

Personaly I think the theocratic school was effective to learn to be a salesman. Our family have respectfull jobs and what we learned is valuable at work.

So the lifestyle is in my opinion not bad at all. The sect treatment and the walt disney style theology is my primary problem with it.

My personal docter said recently to me "try to see the good things, don't be too serious and do some step forward to the witness, it's better for you and the family".

Since then I visit the hall once a month with a big smile and try to be nice to the local JW's.

Because it's not that bad at all 😎

G.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

My wife, met at KH. WE both escaped together

public Speaking, mind you cannot think of any PS I have handled since leaving

overall a clean honest lifestyle just restricted by extreme busy lifestyle as an elder, so putting my family second the Theocratic needs

Hated most, Circuit Visits with more,pressure to comply, dreadful Circuit Overseers parroting obedience, whole souled, loving compliance putting the crazies first above my children, Went on holiday at time of circuit visit, he went berserk, told me on my return Imwould never be used in circuit again, I told him that a big relief. However When circuit assembly came round I was begged to take oversight of the food service department again, in essence most dubs lacking in management skills. Circuit Overseer avoided me, I avoided elders meeting at assembly.

overall no technical or workplace skills learned , no computer skills or use, however we managed to escape together and laugh about it with children now.

• Landy
    Landy
    My wife, met at KH. WE both escaped together

That

overall no technical or workplace skills learned , no computer skills or use, however we managed to escape together and laugh about it with children now.

And that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit