They would Stone us if the law would allow

by ElderEtta 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Several years ago unless I was dreaming I read a watchtower quotation that effectively said that they would execute us as disfellowshipped individuals if the law would allow.

Was I dreaming?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If you was then so was I

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    "Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-bloodfamily relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof. Satan's influence through the disfellowshiped member of the family will be to cause the other member or members of the family who are in the truth to join the disfellowshiped member in his course or in his position toward God's organization. To do this would be disastrous, and so the faithful family member must recognize and conform to the disfellowship order. How would or could this be done while living under the same roof or in personal, physical contact daily with the disfellowshiped? In this way: By refusing to have religious relationship with the disfellowshiped." Watchtower1952 Nov 15 p.703
  • LV101
    LV101

Such a loving cult!

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Thank you JW facts it's exactly what I was looking for

• steve2
    steve2

For this "provision', I know where my thanks lie: Secular laws for protecting me from the eager excesses of extreme religious groups.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Amen to that, Steve2.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

So, 1952 is your definition of “several years ago”?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Several years ago she read it.
  • Nevuela
    Nevuela

That snark was completely uncalled for. Besides, how would you define it? 'Several years ago' is far more accurate than 'a few years ago.' What, should she have said 'eons ago' instead?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit