They would Stone us if the law would allow

by ElderEtta 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

The date is irrelevant. The fact is that at least for 65 years now the religion has not wavered in their stance that those who leave their hallowed halls are worthy of execution. And since the laws of the land do not currently allow them personally the right to carry out the extermination, that does not negate the death sentence.

Ironic though...they oscillate in just about all of their beliefs..but murdering those who disagree with them never seems to be subject to new light.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

There are simply not enough facepalms.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Only a complete moron would call that “several years ago” in any context other than geological

Come on Morph! Lighten up! Grab a cold one and chill. (It's 5 o'clock somewhere!)

I bet you failed the TMS study on "Tact". Probably got a "W" on you TMS counsel slip.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The fact is that at least for 65 years now the religion has not wavered in their stance that those who leave their hallowed halls are worthy of execution.

Please note: there is no "New Light" on the subject. Nothing about encouraging or praying for DF persons.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Actually, I vaguely recall something in writing just a few years ago. It may have been in an article about "mentally-diseased apostates".

The you, as a parent, would have to throw the first stone was still spouted by the elders the year I walked away in 2011.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Desirous i think they once said its wrong to pray for df ones. Still Totally ADD

• LV101
    LV101

I know they were sounding off about it when I was around - early 90s because a couple of families had mentioned their children were DF'd and had become apostates. I even heard one saying that his daughter was dead to him -- then the cult's comment referenced above blew me away -- I couldn't believe!

• LV101
    LV101

I also recall hearing you can't pray for df'd ones -- only an elder should. Give me a break - WT buffoons blather/print so much crazy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If the Org were given control of a small country tomorrow to govern as they please...

...I guarantee you that within a decade, "apostates" would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Anyone who claims otherwise is lying.

• Simon
    Simon

Trying to nail the WTS to the stake for a snippet of a phrase they they printed in 1952 ... nineteen fifty two ... 67 years ago, very close to a whole generation (70 years, LOL) is, well, I think it's a little desperate to be honest.

I mean c'mon, really? Would you pull that out and use it to argue with someone for real? Wouldn't you be embarrassed when they start laughing? Because they should, and you should.

It's like trying to claim that Democrats still want to lynch black people now because they did it then. It's the same time period after all ...

What next? We should bomb Germany because OMG, have you seen what they wrote about the Jews?!?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit