They would Stone us if the law would allow

by ElderEtta 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It was also said by ToMo3 in a talk of some sort.

He said it with his usual sneering tone, with words like this: "Now...obviously now we cant stone rebels like the bible says...but..we can remove them from the congregation."

It was almost like he wanted to say "Dammit! I wish we COULD stone them!"

• zeb
    zeb

He who looks upon a women with lust hast already committed adultery with her. Isnt this the same?

He who would stone another to death has already committed murder in his heart.

• LV101
    LV101

I recall reading this in WT literature in the 1990s -- and I wasn't around JWism before then. jwfacts - is there a possibility it was printed again much later than 1952 - the subject has been discussed or repeated several times over the past years.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think it has been reprinted more recently as well but couldn’t find it.

• steve2
    steve2

Damn interfering secular laws trying to control our ability to act on our righteous standards.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m pretty sure/certain it has been printed much more recently .

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

My memory fails me regularly but I am sure those exact sentiments were in a magazine around the same time of the "mentally diseased" study article.

Wording along the lines of an attitude or being like Jehu but being restrained by laws of the land.

Found it. November 15 2011 Watchtower

Jehu Champions Pure Worship

• LV101
    LV101

Printed sometime between 1991-1995 would be my guesstimate and before 2000. The '52 article is good enough.

• Amelia Ashton
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Who on earth wants to worship a vengeful god in a vengeful religion which given the opportunity, would rather have you killed because you disagree with their governing body? Collectively, JWs are looking forward to the annihilation of all non-JWs.

Underneath that smug delusion of divine blessing, what a dire cult Jehovah's Witnesses really are.

And to think we once supported it . . . Please forgive us for our terrible mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit