TV commercial seen in the United States, from a Law firm "Asking if you were ever sexually abused by JEHOVAHS WITNESSES, please call".

by Dunedain 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

Not sure if it has been posted the actual commercial, credit goes to Dallas Canada

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=vllxMooaIow

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi Kaleesi

yeah, I posted it on this thread about four days ago - I linked to the original version as uploaded by Weitz & Luxenberg's youtube channel / page - but it get's lost...

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5666298841268224/_post/5635273826238464

Anyway, here's the TV advert in Spanish - again from the original source: Weitz & Luxenberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVDWGdIp70

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Does this scripture come to mind....2 Tim. 3:6-7: From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

I remember way back as a study reading this scripture....thinking it sure does apply....as a matter of fact all through the bible I see JW's but not the JW they want to portray....Seems everything they accuse other religions of.. they do...

That's what the door to door does...folks are busy running their lives the best way they know how... most folks believe in God, but are not fanatical....so we come in & make them doubt themselves....then they start to feel guilty, then we work on the guilt to make them see if they choose JW's way, you'll be ok....then we accept them while they are guilty....then the love bombing begins.....now we got them where we want...a dependent bible study, who at one time was a functioning citizens....now only God knows who they are....we have turned them into judgmental zombies...

So, I think this scripture applies to JW's...

Tor

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Worldling - "There is nothing special about the JWs... they are just another crazy cult... that hides pedophiles."

Oh, I don't know.

I think there might be something special about them...

...their disproportionately high number of hidden pedophiles, maybe?

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

I am so happy to see the feeding frenzy has begun!

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Wow, this issue is really becoming a nightmare for the organisation.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

If it isn't, they're idiots.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Spoke with Leander James, one of the attorneys in this conglomerate. He informed me that NY is looking to change law this year for child sex abuse victims for an entire year to report, without certain limitations. He went on to explain that since the child policies, 2 witness rule and other organizational policies affecting child sex abuse within the org were created in NY, that it could possibly enable victims from other states to seek legal recourse and sue JW.org/Watchtower in NY. That was not the only reason, however , it is something of interest.

I googled Leander James and he has experience with child sex abuse lawsuits. A lot of these attorneys in this group have a history of experience in this field. I know that others have stated that there are red flags to look out for, so there's that. My own knowledge of this group of law firms is limited.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Personally I dont care if these lawyers are labelled as sharks that see blood in the water or ambulance chasers who can make a dollar ,the fact that they are putting the spotlight on the JW religions failure to protect the children as opposed to protecting their image as a" Christian" religion is a great thing and all the publicity they make abou it all the better.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

If it is true that they would try to sue under NY State Law it would probably be heard by the federal courts since there would be a diversity of jurisdiction matter to contend with. The Federal Courts will still have to apply New York State and the state of resident of the plaintiff but it would probably be heard at the Federal District level first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit