TV commercial seen in the United States, from a Law firm "Asking if you were ever sexually abused by JEHOVAHS WITNESSES, please call".

by Dunedain 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• life is to short
    life is to short

Also as far as allowing the parents to go to the police if they wish to do so, why the word wish? Why not demand that the police get involved first before anyone else, especially before uneducated elder's who know have not been trained speak to the child and traumatize the child further.

I was never told not to go to the police over child abuse but when my husband was an elder we had a mentally ill person threaten to kill us, I wanted to go to the police but we were forbidden to by the brothers at Bethel so as to not bring reproach on Jehovah's name. This man made my life a living hell for two years, stalking me and threatening to kill me and I had no power to do anything to stop it. So though I do not know if parents are allowed to go to the police here in the USA I do know we were not allowed to go over a stalker.

LITS

• flipper
    flipper

LITS - your justice streak can really piss people off , as we've seen on some of these threads. Well, too bad.

I for one really appreciate your willingness to stand up to the bullies - for years. I have absolutely no doubts that your efforts in your city have prevented further child abuse just by scaring the hell out of those creepy elders and their superiors too.

The ads put out by these lawyers will do the same thing by putting a spotlight on the JW coverup of child abuse.

The elders and other JW enablers may not give a rat's ass about the safety of children but they sure don't want to get sued. They are probably already busy trying to figure out how to put the blame on their fellow elders.

Mrs. Flipper

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

I'm with you LITS!

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

I'm wondering how the elders/org. are going to put this fire out....The more they fan it the more it will burn....I wonder if they are going to try to contact the media to pull the ad....or the law firm...maybe the org. will sue...

How do you feel they are going to play this out....This was an ad on TV...here you are a JW...up late for whatever reason..then pow....you see this Ad...The org. wants you to see it as persecution or just keep your mouth closed, don't discuss it with the others in the congregation....again, the org. is clever...again, wonder how they will spin this to us in the congregation.....

Tor

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

First billboards, then half-page newspaper ads, now TV commercials?

Damn, I thought 2016 had been a bad year for the Org, and it's still just January...

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    tor1500 - "'I'm wondering how the elders/org are going to put this fire out..."

Instructing all the rank-and-file to wear these?

• TheListener
    TheListener

My whole family saw the tv commercial on a news channel over the weekend. Blew my mind! No response from the dubs in the room.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I don't think they have to tell the rank and file to wear blinders...I think most of them are going to put them on out of shame...remember the org. is clean....only other religions have pedophiles not God's org. Oh yeah, they will put on blinders alright...to hide in shame...

See what happens when you point fingers at others...what's the famous one witnesses use...you point a finger but how many fingers point back at you.

I think more folks would not be so hard on the witnesses if they didn't say they were God's only channel, that's where they shoot themselves in the foot...

I would love to ask this question to the friends...if you found out this wasn't God's org., what would you do? Because I do believe for most that's the only reason they accept all the new lights and whatever else is handed down from the top....All they are showing is that God is fickle....This past week's WT is another new understanding...don't ask me to explain it...because I didn't even know about the old understanding...

Has the commercial aired again ? I haven't seen it yet...

Well as Bette Davis said in one of her movies...

It's gonna be a bumpy ride...

Tor

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If it shows up online...

...link, "like", and hashtag the shit out of it.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

I am loving it. There is nothing special about the JWs...they are just another crazy cult...THAT HIDES PEDOPHILES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit