by bats in the belfry 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

tiki:

"I wonder how the attendants are going to do the count,"

invisibly.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Most likely devout JWS will wear their meeting cloth while watching the video.

@Mr. Finkelstein ...

I'm still "in", but occasionally when doing the Zoom thing, I did put on a shirt and tie; but I wasn't wearing pants.I just ordered from Amazon one of those t-shirts that looks like a tuxedo.

• skin
    skin
    "I wonder how the attendants are going to do the count,"

Number watching gets txted to the group overseer.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

maybe for my wife and I a quart of orange juice mixed with a pint of vodka will be preferable

I like your plan for listening to a JW assembly! (Tho you are mixing it a little "weak". Not sure I can associate with anyone/anything "weak".)

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Elders have also been doing the rounds handing everyone

their convention name badge....and the Dubs will wear those too!

If there was a need to identify delusional insanity this would be a good indication.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Actually I can see a lot JWS thankful they dont have to travel to a distant location to go to a summer assembly.

Its a major inconvenience and cost to stay at a Hotel/Motel and have to pay for your meals etc.

Now the lovingly provided bullshit can be absorbed right at home, while your sitting in your underwear, sipping a cool beer or a glass of wine.

Dam its easy to be a JWS now days compared to how it was years ago.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I like your plan for listening to a JW assembly! (Tho you are mixing it a little "weak". Not sure I can associate with anyone/anything "weak".)

@DesirousOfChange ...

I know, I know... instead of a 2:1 ratio on the orange juice to vodka, maybe a 1:1 ratio would make it a more pleasant experience. We could me more happified at the end of the sessions.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Rubadub have it straight and be filled with the spirit 😂

• Overrated
    Overrated

I like the ideal of sitting at a convention in just my underwear with a cold beer in the comfort of my own home!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

They’re always talking about joy and rejoicing and emphasizing how important it is. If they aren’t talking at length about rejoicing, they’re going on and on about endurance. Why do they have to try so hard?

f

Don’t those things go hand in hand and occur naturally when one is doing something that is meaningful to them ? Why would anyone who is engaged in something they truly felt was worthwhile, need to be sat down and reminded or convinced on a regular basis, about keeping or increasing their joy or rejoicing?

As far as endurance is concerned, everything JWs have to endure, is self inflicted.

Update: We're starting to get photos on social media from JW relatives that show them along with their little kids lined up in front of the TV wearing their meeting clothes. I think this is a bit of "virtue signaling" so they can prove to one another how spiritually strong they are.

I feel sorry for the little kids but at least they aren't having to sit in the sun on bleacher seats from 9AM to 9PM for 8 days in a row.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit