The urban legends we heard as JWs!

by stuckinarut2 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I remember a beth-hell-ite friend of mine telling me that some of the urban myths were made up by playful beth-hell-ites just for fun.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

My 2 cents

A brother lost his job because he took leave to attend a Friday Convention. He was worried and Prayed. And then next day, someone miraculously kept a basket of vegetables in his doorstep. (Seems Jah would provide only for a day)

A sister bought some stuff from some Christian Store and since then her dog was always barking at it, until she got rid of it . Seems Jah created dogs with a capability to see demons. How partial he is!!

Cults are a lot amusing.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh wow!

SO MANY of these "Experiences" have been heard by people in other religions over the years!

I listen to lots of Podcasts, and many Mormons report these every same "experiences"!

The one about the "groceries on the back porch", or the "receiving of exactly the sum of money needed to pay for gas that day", right down to the one about "Angelic protectors standing behind a sister"

So, I wonder now, how many COs or DOs back in the days before the internet simply "Borrowed" these "experiences" and used them during their grandstanding assembly talks!?!?!

• jws
    jws

Heard 2 versions of the Smurf thing.

In one, a kid was at an assembly with a Smurf doll. After a little while, the Smurf came to life, said "I've had enough of this shit" and walked out of the convention and drove away in somebody's car.

In another, JWs had gotten their child Smurf drapes. At night, the Smurfs came off the drapes and danced around.

As far as the first story, I heard it was 2 men/angels behind her. Always wondered how the police even knew there was a woman there and why they even asked about her.

When I was little my sister told me about somebody who had brought a tiki doll back from a vacation. Turned out to be some sort of idol. Well, the thing came to life and started chasing them and they captured it and burned it in the oven.

Years later, when the movie I am Legend came out, I saw the original book on sale with the movie cover. It wasn't very long so the publishing company added some other short stories by Richard Matheson. One was "Prey" and the plot was pretty much exactly what my sister described. Looked it up and this story first appeared in Playboy, so I'm wondering what JW read it there. Maybe whoever started this thought he could get away with it because what other JW would be reading Playboy? And then it got made into part of the movie Trilogy of Terror.

Sorry, eyeused2baddub, Michael Jackson was a JW at one time, and so was Prince. Along with a bunch of other famous people. That much can be looked up and confirmed from independent sources.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

what about the "brother " that went on a business trip to China and walked around with a WTS leaflet hanging out of his back pocket, an uneventful trip only to be greeted at the airport departure gate by 2 Chinese JW's who told him he was in grave danger throughout the entire trip but they watched him and made sure the authorities could not arrest him! LMAO!.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ punkofnice...

"Crappifying"...

...I gotta remember that one.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

You should avoid washing powder made by Proctor and Gamble, their logo is a satanic.

http://www.businessinsider.com/pg-puts-moon-in-new-logo-despite-satanist-accusations-2013-5?IR=T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit