A question .....

by Landy 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I was going to add. If you have the means to escape this terrible religion, please do so.

p.s.When I use the term ''means'', I was referring to the emotional strength required to have to leave. The guilting from immediate family, drop in visits by elders eventually. The strain on someone mentally can seem insurmountable. Combined the stress from everyday life, such as work stress, on top of it all is much!!!

That's why an extremely slow fade is the only option at times.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That's why so many exjw are activists of one type or another ( even anonymous ones) as the WT is a "captive" organization - emotionally blackmailing people to stay on pain of loosing total support network (at times) via the cruel shunning policy that destroys families.

Conflict of conscience versus family can even lead to suicidal ideation, it's that painful.

• Alive!
    Alive!

The ironic beauty of it all -

Active born in JWs go out in ministry to pull in people - into their world of craziness.

I know personally of several 'doubters' who care more about their material and personal comforts than being searchers .....

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Hello Landy--welcome to the site---heres a link to more UK members:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/197364/ex-jw-uk?page=1&size=20

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I always love self righteous threads from people who have nothing to lose questioning why people with everything to loose dont do as they did... /endextremesarcasium

Everyone has their own process and everyone has their own time. Its better that we support people where they are and help them take the next step than belittle them for what they haven't yet done. Congrats on your easy and pain free fade. Its not like that for most.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Hi Landy and welcome!

Its been pretty much covered but when you have family in the Org, it can be real tricky to get out AND maintain those relationships. Also if you have a spouse who holds to the fake hopes that the wts perpetuates then it makes it that much harder.

Personally I would DE today but my wife still holds out belief that the wts is a good organization. And as someone else said, some still hold positions of authority within the congregation. So to quickly drop would raise a red flag.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Landy, thanks for the post. I am one of those who are stuck in and you are right it is brutal. For me, my family (wife and two young kids) are all that matter. My wife is still fully indoctrinated so I am taking it slow. This is a real sticky religion and my goal is to leave with as little collateral damage as possible.

Iggy

• cognac
    cognac
    One of the few things I've learned in this life is that first and foremost you have to be true to yourself. If you can't be true to yourself then you can't be true to anyone else.

Are you trying to say you don't think JW_Rogue is being true to him/her self? Or, am I just reading this wrong?????

• tornapart
    tornapart
    One of the few things I've learned in this life is that first and foremost you have to be true to yourself. If you can't be true to yourself then you can't be true to anyone else.

Taking the long slow haul instead of the fast route out doesn't mean for one minute that one is being untrue to oneself. I'd rather do it the slow way and keep my relationships intact (especially at my age) than to find myself totally alone. It must be great for those that have no consequences to suffer by doing it the quick way. There are many that have done it the quick way and are suffering a lot of emotional pain as a result. Everyone has to do what is best for them, be it quick or slow. No-one else can say what is the right way to go for another person.

• Alive!
    Alive!

It's been agony fading away and losing 20 years worth of friendships and close bonds with a few who were like family......I can't imagine what it would be like to lose children, parents etc.

This religion sucks the natural compassion and humanity out of its members - leaving them in a 'captive' and enforced membership.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit